Just listing off some bugs I didn't see in the Changelog thread...

harriknight

Reaction score
Feel free to add your own if you know of any others that aren't listed. Just trying to help out the D1-MIUI Team.

1) The accelerometer doesn't work for me. I have to open up the keyboard for anything to get turned into landscape mode.

2) If my phone is locked and I slide open the keyboard, this will happen:
-Launcher will FC
-Google Earth will open
-I have to press back ONCE (if you do it twice or more times, it'll FC and go back into Google Earth)
-Google Earth will FC
-The in-call screen will pop up, even though it's not in a call
-I press the home button
-Launcher will FC again
-Launcher will reopen and hang for 3-5 seconds before finally showing all my icons and everything

The second one is really weird, felt like it should definitely be posted somewhere.

Z

ZeroBarrier

When your launcher FC's it sometimes will display the last app that was open. Think of a stack of papers, each paper is an app, when you hit home on the last opened app, the launcher sits on top and in this case, google earth right beneath it. When you launcher FC's (think of a breeze that blows to top page off) it jumps to the app that was lying right beneath the top page (your launcher). It's not necesarily alsways going to be google earth, even if you just rebooted, and it FC's, you'll normally get the phone app (dialer); because the dialer is always running in the background near the top of the "stack".

As to why you have so many FC's is anyone's guess, you should re-flash the ROM and take it step by step to see what is causing your problem (kernel, apps, etc). You're going to have to figure out what's the root of your problem.

And to report any issues, there's an issue tracker:

Issues - d1-miui - Project Hosting on Google Code

It was posted in the OP for the change log, surprised you didn't see it...

OP
H

harriknight

Reaction score
When your launcher FC's it sometimes will display the last app that was open. Think of a stack of papers, each paper is an app, when you hit home on the last opened app, the launcher sits on top and in this case, google earth right beneath it. When you launcher FC's (think of a breeze that blows to top page off) it jumps to the app that was lying right beneath the top page (your launcher). It's not necesarily alsways going to be google earth, even if you just rebooted, and it FC's, you'll normally get the phone app (dialer); because the dialer is always running in the background near the top of the "stack".

As to why you have so many FC's is anyone's guess, you should re-flash the ROM and take it step by step to see what is causing your problem (kernel, apps, etc). You're going to have to figure out what's the root of your problem.

And to report any issues, there's an issue tracker:

Issues - d1-miui - Project Hosting on Google Code

It was posted in the OP for the change log, surprised you didn't see it...

Ah, I see... Thanks for the reply. I normally don't get ANY FC's from the Launcher, it's only if I unlock my phone by sliding out the keyboard like that. As far as stack-of-papers issue that you described: it seems plausible, but, at least in my experience, it ALWAYS opens Google Earth. It doesn't matter if I had just rebooted my phone, or if it has been sitting there idle for days, or if I just spent the last 6 hours playing Wordfeud. It's always Google Earth. Maybe it's dependent on where I have the icon placed on the home screen... Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Also thanks for that link. I don't know how that flew right over my head.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Is the led working for anyone with messenger? Mine seems to be non functional.
I do have a cpu program that works with the led...shows usage...might it be interfering? It's worked fine on other roms.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Did you change the color of the "Trackball Color" option in Settings > Sound Settings to something other than white?

IF you haven't, then that's your issue right there. If the LED stays constantly on after changing it, then un-check "Pulse Notification Light" and then re-check it.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I have been trying different colors...haven't tried the pulse thingy yet...thanks!

Z

ZeroBarrier

There are also settings in the stock SMS app to change the color, check there; wouldn't hurt to reboot after changing the settings to see if it helps also.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Ok...hold on there bubbalouie...there is a trackball notification color in settings, and another in the messenger program...which one does what then?

Plus I use a cpu program like I mentioned earlier. That runs from blue-green-red...so I don't use those colors for the messenger notification...

EDIT: we lapped, but that's cool...appreciate the help...

killjoylm1

Reaction score
So the trackball notification in the settings menu will set you default notification color and then you can customize the colors for different apps (like messenger). So my default is green, but when I get a text it will display blue because that is what I set under the messenger. Hope that help. Make sure you pick colors that the Droid will display.

Z

ZeroBarrier

The default LED color (Settings > Sounds > Trackball color) will be the color of any app that uses the notification LED for any purpose (Google Voice for example), but the individual Color Settings in Messaging and other apps will override that default LED color to whatever you set it.

Ozzie

Reaction score
There...now that finally makes some sense...I think...so the color of the messenger needs to be different than the default color so I can tell what is triggering. I have nothing else using the led other than the cpu usage proggy.

Z

ZeroBarrier

No, it doesn't. I think I confused the ringtone setting for the color setting. I'll edit my post to not confuse anyone.