Just kind of concerned

hachimachi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Twitter
haachimaachi
Hey everybody,

I have a few questions about the tempreture that my droid has been running latley. Firstly, I'm currently running JRummy's v0.8 with berkit's 5 slot 1ghz kernel.

Now my concerns are that when I browse the internet for more than 20 minutes, or use any type of streaming radio, or tether it becomes increasingly hot. I normally wouldn't be concerned except that it is noticiably hot you can feel it tingling your fingers.

According to SetCPU, the tempreture reaches 102F while I do this. Also I don't think that it's the battery that is overheating because all of the heat is coming from the square pannel above the camera next to the camera lense.

As a default I have it set as 800/550. My profiles are
charging: 600/500
sleep/standby: 250/250
power<41%: 500/250
power<31%: 250/250
Failsafe: battery>46C 500/250
On Demand is the profile.

So what do you guys think; is it the kernel, the profiles I have set-up, or maybe I just have an unnatrually warm droid?

Thanks everybody.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Fo being on the internet or somehting for 20 minutes on your phone, 102 degrees is awesome?! Mine sometimes hits like 115 or more for that... Yes I am at 1200 overclocked most of the time but still..

OP
hachimachi

hachimachi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Twitter
haachimaachi
thanks for the reply!

ok i take it, it shouldn't be anything to worry about?

area52

Reaction score
I have all my minimums on set CPU at 250 and run fairly cool with "ondemand". like icculus said it can get much hotter. I've read some where that the CPU can handle upwards of 190 degrees or something like that. so if my phone is not continually running above 120+ I'm not really worried

xfireguru

Reaction score
Yes, the CPU is designed to operate at higher temperatures, but the rest of the components in the phone are not. Heat soak to these components could become an issue after prolonged periods.

If your processor is only 102F after 20 minutes of web browsing, then I'd say you're in pretty good shape. I think mine heats up to the low 120's at 1.25ghz on a Chevy kernel.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid's CPU is rated for up to 70 Celsius (158 ºF). The battery is rated for a lower temperature, but you are still no where close to it. Set your failsafe on SetCPU to something reasonable and don't worry about it.

OP
hachimachi

hachimachi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Twitter
haachimaachi
thanks you guys you really put my mind at ease...