Just installed the rooted Gingerbread. Blue Notification light isn't working?

qman66

Reaction score
no. light flow is a great app to customize a ton of apps with different color led lights

bplewis24

Reaction score
I can't get it to work in Handcent. Has anyone experienced this?

Do notification lights work for other apps?

Go into Handcent Notification Settings and disable the "turn screen on" when you receive a text. See if it starts working. Gingerbread has a built-in setting that disables the notification LED if your screen wakes up after the alert.

Brandon

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I can't get it to work in Handcent. Has anyone experienced this?

Do notification lights work for other apps?

Go into Handcent Notification Settings and disable the "turn screen on" when you receive a text. See if it starts working. Gingerbread has a built-in setting that disables the notification LED if your screen wakes up after the alert.

Brandon

really? thats a total bummer. I use the LED to let me know that i got a text when i missed it. GB sucks now because of that.

lesnic56

Reaction score
Im running gingerbread on my X, and my notification light for hancent is working fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Weird. I get the green notification light for emails. But I haven't seen the blue one come on at all.

andrewpmoore

Reaction score
Weird. I get the green notification light for emails. But I haven't seen the blue one come on at all.

Hi,
I'm the dev of Light Flow. I've heard reports of gingerbread actually running better for color control that froyo with my app on morotola phones. More colors seem to be supported than they were before (e.g. white works in the app which didn't used to)

As I don't have a motorola phone I can't confirm it, but thought you may be interested.

Rocko

Reaction score

Hi,
I'm the dev of Light Flow. I've heard reports of gingerbread actually running better for color control that froyo with my app on morotola phones. More colors seem to be supported than they were before (e.g. white works in the app which didn't used to)

As I don't have a motorola phone I can't confirm it, but thought you may be interested.

Can your app control the back lit hard keys on the X?

Oldcrow

Reaction score
Long-time lurker - first time posting.

I've got my Droid X on the rooted Gingerbread. I used Lightflow and liked it - but I like having different colored LED notifications for specific people via Handcent.

I literally got it working about 15 minutes ago.

Not only did I go into the normal settings and disable notifications, I launched the stock messaging app and turned them off there. The only issue now is that Handcent's "Test Notification" does not work to verify LED function. It takes a real message to trigger the LED. LED Flash Frequency is set to "Normal" and not "Default". Not sure what the difference is, but it's finally working. Play around while having a conversation with someone and see if you can get it to work.

LightFlow is nice, but it's frozen by Titanium Backup until I can get it to play nicely with Handcent. Hopefully I can selectively add back functions until I get a working combination.

Androidschmandroid

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the notification light. I tried everything and it finally worked when i disabled "trackball" light. set it to never and the regular notification light should resume function. :D