Just installed Phantom Skinz screen protector

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just installed one on my Moto Droid and must say I really like this one. Fits perfect and doesn't affect sensitivity at all. Even on the soft keys. No orange peel effect and it is not tacky at all. You wouldn't even know it was on there. I put it on about 4 hours ago and it has almost completely cleared up already. I have had Zagg on three different phones and a Gadget Guard on another. Zagg is way too tacky and rubbery feeling. The Gadget is pretty good. Never had a problem with it. I just figured I would give this one a try this time. Ordered it direct and used coupon code "winter33" for 33% off. That code is good until February 2010.

I know the majority of people here say a screen protector is not necessary on the Droid. I was almost convinced myself after watching the key drop video. But after reading about a few people getting small scratches on their screen I figured $10 is good insurance for protection against those "what-ifs".

BizzyGeek

Reaction score
I have the PhantomSkinz as well and I really like it. My girlfriend has Zagg on hers, which feels like it would be more durable but is definitely not as nice to the touch. Anyway the PhantomSkinz screen protector has been great. I use the full body kit, probably not necessary but I pocket carry my Droid and so far no damage to the phone. The side pieces are starting to wear some around the edges though. I lost my original battery case and I'm not using a new kit to cover a $4 replaceable part, so it looks uneven but oh well.

As to whether it's necessary, my dad got the phone on the day it came out as well. I went to go see him for the holidays and his screen had a bunch of small scratches on it already. I bought the Zagg from BestBuy and installed on his phone to prevent further damage.