Just installed Liberty 1.5 on my D2...

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
so I just flashed my first ROM....Liberty 1.5 on my D2. My first instinct says this is a step back to a D1 style ROM. I don't know if it's the 5 home screens instead of 7, or if it's something else. But I am going to fine tune this before I make any judgements.

Only initial complaint is that it boots slow. But once running it seems good. Is there anything I can do about the slow boot?dancedroid

I am getting some FC's in the toolbox though when attempting to change icons. Also it is taking forever to install a theme from the tool box.

Last edited:
OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK....so it rebooted and installed the theme. I am assuming anyway. I can't seem to get the icons that you guys got with the battery and stuff.

Good note. Contacts were back immediately as well as a few of my apps.

distvox

Reaction score
The first boot is always slow. You can download adwlauncher from the marketplace and use it on top of liberty if you want more home screens or maybe its launcher pro...I forgot

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jdog94

Reaction score
i would download adw, or launcher pro or go launcher and use that will give you the screens you want.
first boot is always slow
in liberty toolbox you can download themes

what theme did you install ? was it a 1.5 theme?

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed the GB Blue theme from the toolbox.

I did notice one thing missing that I really liked. The ability to set what double tap home does. Any chance of getting that back?

jdog94

Reaction score
what icons are you trying to get?
did the new theme change your stuff to blue?
if you get one of the above launchers i think you can set the home double tap in the launcher settings

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will look into one of those launchers. I would love to get that 3d app drawer, 7 screens, and the double tap back. I don't know what else I am missing ATM....maybe that voice thing that you say "call brandon" and it does it for you.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the only thing I don't like about doing this is having to reinstall all 239 apps.

jdog94

Reaction score
download voice search from market
launcher pro had 3d app drawer and if you like it get the paid version and it has some great widgets

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Found a bug. I use Droid 2 Overclock by Jrummy and the profiles wont take. For instance I had a profile set that when my screen was off it dropped to 600mhz. No matter what I do it continues to go back to 1000.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
google should download your app by its self

yeah it grabbed a few. Appbrain is doing the rest. Problem is there are a few that aren't available anymore also. Good thing I back up the APK's I guess.

jdog94

Reaction score
well i dont use droid 2 overclock so i cant help i use quickclock i like it better

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quickclock? Have you used SETCPU? I don't like set because of the 3 to 5 second choke you get when you wake your phone up. Does quickclock do that too?