Just installed GB...now the sync icon is in the notif. bar and won't go away?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
All I had to do was reboot the phone and it went away.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

craig7220

Reaction score
If you use tibu just freeze contacts.sync and the icon will go away.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

miles long

Reaction score
sync icon

Home ,menu, all apps, gmail, clear data ............

This dosn't work, at least not for me.

Wifes got stuck today. Went to gmail on computer and deleted every thing she didnt need ,spam ,old mail ,synced facebook crap etc. same on phone still stuck ,did factory reset---now its gone mail is back up and running.
Reset is easy, everything is backed up by gmail , verizon and apps
I am running three email account no probs on my phone.

michael101108

Reaction score
i am running the manual update of gb. non rooted. i have been on gb for a week now and all of a sudden the sync icon shows up and wont go away. i have found what is causing it for me. settings>applications>manage applications>all. by stopping a process called "admin notifier" the sync icon disapears for a little bit. then starts again. first of all, why did it take a week for this to happen? second, is a factory reset my only option 2 get rid of it?

ahaynes42

Reaction score
Only factory reset

For me, the only thing that fixed this problem permanently was a factory data reset. All of these other fixes worked, but only temporarily before the sync icon was back again, driving me crazy and killing my battery.

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
Is it possible that mine is always on without sporting the icon? My facebook is constantly putting up notifications along with my email

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

michael101108

Reaction score
finally made myself do a factory reset lastnite. had 2 do it twice tho. apparently something was wrong the first time. after the 1st reset, it went thru the whole setup but didnt make me activate the phone. started the backup of everything from google and the app downloads messed up. ended up doing another factory reset and it works fine after that except for some reason, all of the apps i had downloaded wouldnt aoutomatically download. went to my apps on the android market and they were no longer there. (they were there after the 1st reset.) had 2 manually find every app and dl it again which was a minor pain but all in all my X is back 2 its gingerbread goodness.

dan266

Reaction score
There are a few things that should be clarified here. 1st, R/O, means Read/Only, R/W means, Read/Write. So, you have to mount R/W to change any info in a file. 2nd, To change the name of the file you must go to root explorer/system/app, click button Mount R/W, then scroll down to BlurContactSync.apk and long press. Press Rename. And rename to BlurContactSync.apk.bak. Then make sure to change back to R/O. The icon will go away and backup assistant will still work. I deleted all other nandroid backups and backed up again, as all older backups will hold the error and it will come back. I also did the same thing with Titainium Backup.

i found this from another thread or forum (sorry i remember copying/pasting but don't have the link to the OP or the person who replied with this info). It worked for me:

I don't know if this will work for you but I had the same exact problem and this is how I solved it. It appears it is an error with the Blurcontactsync.apk file I was going to just leave it but it drained my battery way to fast. To fix it...use root explorer and go to system/app (change from Mount R/W to Mount R/O) and then change the blurcontactsync.apk to blurcontactsync.apk.bak After you change it back from Mount R/O to Mount R/W the sync icon should go away. I am still trying to find a fix for it but until then this will have to work. From what I have found it is just a Moto software program that does the exact same thing as the google sync software anyway. I hope it works for you as well.

zero7404

Reaction score
best way to fix is do a factory data reset, but first wipe cache and data while in recovery.

sent via android