Just installed Easy Root on virgin 2.2 - What CPU app is compatible?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by diggy488, Aug 11, 2010.

1. diggy488

diggy488 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    So I have the VZW update of 2.2 FRG01B and I decided to install Easy Root. All I'd really like to do is have the capability to adjust my processor speed and use tethering for free. What apps can you suggest that is compatible with Easy Root for these capabilities? Thanks so much for any help. This is on the D1

2. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    i am pretty sure you have to have a custom rom with some overclocking on it. i know bugless beast has it.

i have BBV0.4 and have wifi tethering working with barnacle tethering (from market) but i havn't had time to try out Set CPU from the market, but i am almost positive it will work.

3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    You need a custom kernel to OC your Droid.

4. diggy488

diggy488 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Can I proceed to install a ROM with Easy Root installed, or should I go about it with the traditional way? thank guys

5. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Absolutely...I downloaded rom managerfrom the market and did everything from there...running bugless beast overclocked at 800 MHz for now....just back up your apps because you are going to have to wipe your system most likely.

6. edmund75

edmund75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, noob question: 2 weeks ago I rooted my Moto Droid running stock 2.1 with easy root and installed BB v0.4 with Fabolous NexTheme. I now just recieved an OTA update and would like to install this, only to root again with easy root. Can I just accept the update, or do I need to unroot first? And if I do need to unroot, can I unroot from my current state (BB v0.4 with NexTheme)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

7. junjuny75

junjuny75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download rommanger from clockworkmod and setcpu. you can install you overclocking kernels from rommanager. chevyNo1's kernels are pretty good. you can also make a backup incase anything bad happens. just remember to start on the lowest mhz just in case your phone cant handle it. then use setcpu to change the speed of your processor when you'd like

8. junjuny75

junjuny75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    by the way if your changing roms that are created from the same source code. like a froyo build to another froyo build you dont need to wipe data and cache unless you have problems after its been installed. only wipe if going from eclair to froyo or the other way around or if you start getting a bunch of force closes and errors

Search tags for this page

how to root a motorola droid phone 2.2 with virgin mobile se