1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just installed 0.6.2.1, a few configuration questions

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by iissmart, Jan 10, 2011.

1. iissmart

iissmart New Member

I just flashed my Droid 1 from BB 0.5 to 0.6.2.1, love the new theme and features but I have a few questions:

1) How do I remove the "News and Weather" app that comes installed by default?

2) How do I disable the camera "tick tick tick" focus sound effect? I tried turning off Settings -> ROM Toolkit -> System -> Camera Sounds but that didn't do anything.

3) Is it possible to add the "Silent" option to the volume rocker switch, instead of having to use an app to switch to it?
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

1: use titanium backup to remove any apk you dont want. you can also freeze them if you may want to use them at a later date besides removing the apk. i recommend making a backup before removing a bunch of apks
    2: the camera focus noise i do not know of it be able to be silenced. i could be wrong but i have not seen a setting for it.
    3: i have a silent option on my rocker but not a vibrate option i think this is part of the rom...
  3. thesandman00

thesandman00 New Member

I presume that the camera focus is more of a hardware sound, not software. I could be wrong.
  4. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

any idea if this rom has quick unlock feature for pin lock. its when u enter the 4 pin and unlocks without pressing enter
  5. iissmart

iissmart New Member

Sorry I think I described it wrong. The sound the camera makes when you half-press the camera button and let it focus seems to be a hardware sound, so nothing can be done. The "three ticks" sound is when you first open the camera app, and it comes out of the speaker. I was hoping to turn off that sound.

If I keep pressing my rocker switch down it eventually goes to Vibrate, not Silent. I think there is a setting to *replace* Vibrate with Silent that comes from the stock OS, but I was hoping to have both options available.

Thanks for the tip on titanium backup, I'll check it out.
  6. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

The 3 ticks you hear is not from the speaker. Its the camera lens opening and getting in position to snap a pic. Its hardware and nothing can be done.
  7. kingpg

kingpg New Member

For the volume rocker on settings>sound>make sure silent mode and silent state are checked and have vibrate always on. Then you will have both vibrate and silent mode when you click the volume rocker down.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

Nice find thanks never woulda found that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. kingpg

kingpg New Member

Np as for that camera sound its definetly hardware. Nothing you can do for that...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

Yea that's what I thought too. Wasn't sure though

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App