just had scren replaced now it wont charge

tubbydo1951

Reaction score
i just got my droid 2 back while charging the screen flashes when unplugged wont turn on phone was dropped had the screen replaced they didn't have a charger to try it got it home screen flashes didn't do this before any answers??

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
huh? Sorry but with the lack of anything that really resembles a complete sentence, I couldnt really make out half of what you just said. You just got your D2 back..from where? Warranty replacement? You wont get the same phone in return. You usually receive a refurbished phone which usually means the phone was broken once before, repaired and then given to you as replacement for your broken phone which will be fixed and given to some one else as a refurb.

OP
T

tubbydo1951

Reaction score
phone port for charging not working

ok had my screen replaced by a tech he looked at motherboard said everything seems to be solid but port for charging is not working phone screen flashes with motorola emblem but wont charge vverizon said battery is good basiaclly i have no way to charge my battery any clue on what to do cost me 100 for new screen not sure if i want to sink more money into this tx

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe it would be easier to get a replacement. You are still under warranty. Everyone with a d2 is I believe.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
A little effort to use some grammar can go along way in getting the help you want. Kind of hard to understand what you said with one big run on sentence there.

OP
T

tubbydo1951

Reaction score
droid 2 charger port

last week i dropped my phone,after hunting down someone to repair screen which was cracked,found out that the drop probably did some damage to wherever charger port connects.the problem now is screen is fixed ,but i can't get my phone to charge.when i plug in my charger the screen flashes on and off and the motorola logo comes on but no charging occurs.? is verizon says my battery needs charging ,but is still good. when i bought this at a county fair last sept i didnt or wasn't offered a insurance,so its not covered.can anyone tell me if it's worth trying to buy used droid parts maybe mother board???

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Well thats a bit more understandable atleast. From what I gather your battery is dead? When you connect the charger the phone turns on but does not charge? Well the fact the phone turns on is a good sign imo. I recall reading something on here that if your battery is 100% dead, that it can not be charged through the phone itself. Instead you need to buy a charging station that supports your battery(check ebay or amazon) and let it charge through there. Heres an example of the type of charger I am referring to:
OEM MOTOROLA BP6X BATTERY with CHARGER for Droid A855 - eBay (item 280672245185 end time Jun-05-11 12:20:00 PDT)