Just got Xoom from Staples

hitdog042

Reaction score
You can't use video for google talk on the iPhone unless you use fring. However I found something that may work. Tango.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

rickt1152

Reaction score
Not free, but playon.TV works pretty good to stream Netflix to the xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

hitdog042

Reaction score

I ended up returning the xoom. Just didnt feel it was ready for prime time at 600 dollars.

timrock

Reaction score

I ended up returning the xoom. Just didnt feel it was ready for prime time at 600 dollars.

im about to follow in your footsteps. i had mines for about 4 days now and it started off good, but went downhill.

i download movies a lot, and tried to download a 600mb file thru wifi in my home (fios), and either the file wouldnt download, or it just took too long. once, the file downloaded, but rockplayer or mvideoplayer wouldnt play it. i downloaded the same file on dx and it played fine. then as i type this, im downloading a 697mb avi, and its only at 14mb, in just 20 minutes. i know its not my connection, because prior to this, on my pc, i downloaded a 9gb blu ray and that only took about 15 minutes to finish.

aside from this, the stock browser froze on me, i had to reboot it.

any my main gripe is, that i use ubuntu as my only OS, and the xoom doesnt get recognized when connected. there is a fix for this, but it doesnt work all the time. im very dissapointed in that aspect.

hitdog042

Reaction score

im about to follow in your footsteps. i had mines for about 4 days now and it started off good, but went downhill.

i download movies a lot, and tried to download a 600mb file thru wifi in my home (fios), and either the file wouldnt download, or it just took too long. once, the file downloaded, but rockplayer or mvideoplayer wouldnt play it. i downloaded the same file on dx and it played fine. then as i type this, im downloading a 697mb avi, and its only at 14mb, in just 20 minutes. i know its not my connection, because prior to this, on my pc, i downloaded a 9gb blu ray and that only took about 15 minutes to finish.

any my main gripe is, that i use ubuntu as my only OS, and the xoom doesnt get recognized when connected. there is a fix for this, but it doesnt work all the time. im very dissapointed in that aspect.

I agree. I also have an iPad 1. The browser is a lot faster than the xoom. I was very disappointed in the device.

For 600 bucks it should be a lot better.

xier

Reaction score
Lmao.... did you guys not do any research before buying your xoom? Its not like you are early adopters like those of us with launch lte models.

Enjoy your ipads.... my ipads and Ipad 2s have literally sat since receiving my xooms.

feverhost

Reaction score

The Xoom is probably not best suited for the *ehmm..* typical iPad user. I've shared my Xoom with a few people that I know and I told them "The iPad is probably better suited for you".

The Xoom is a pretty beefy tablet, and it will take some customization to get it working great. I know that for the average person "customization" is a very scary long word. If you are use to the simplistic workings of an iPad.. go for it.. that's awesome! If you would like a little bit more freedom, and the ability to customize... the Xoom is probably for you.

hitdog042

Reaction score
Lmao.... did you guys not do any research before buying your xoom? Its not like you are early adopters like those of us with launch lte models.

Enjoy your ipads.... my ipads and Ipad 2s have literally sat since receiving my xooms.

You are so cool dude. How do you sit in the same room with yourself? I mean you are always with someone so cool.

hitdog042

Reaction score

Ps I've had android since the g1. I apologize for assuming they put standard things on a 600 dollar tablet so the consumer doesn't have to wreck the out of box unit and void the warranty.

Silly us.

Stay cool D.B

timrock

Reaction score

The Xoom is probably not best suited for the *ehmm..* typical iPad user. I've shared my Xoom with a few people that I know and I told them "The iPad is probably better suited for you".

The Xoom is a pretty beefy tablet, and it will take some customization to get it working great. I know that for the average person "customization" is a very scary long word. If you are use to the simplistic workings of an iPad.. go for it.. that's awesome! If you would like a little bit more freedom, and the ability to customize... the Xoom is probably for you.
huh? im not an ipad user, ive never owned any apple product. I was speaking on the things i noticed between my xoom and my dx. BUT, after spending another day with it, i can now say that some of those negatives have turned into positives. i switched to dolphin hd and my downloads are going at better speed and download properly.

also, instead of connecting via usb, i will connect via bluetooth. So my two biggest gripes have been solved, and i will keep my xoom.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score

huh? im not an ipad user, ive never owned any apple product. I was speaking on the things i noticed between my xoom and my dx. BUT, after spending another day with it, i can now say that some of those negatives have turned into positives. i switched to dolphin hd and my downloads are going at better speed and download properly.

also, instead of connecting via usb, i will connect via bluetooth. So my two biggest gripes have been solved, and i will keep my xoom.

I'm glad to hear your diggin it now!