just got update..??

chestdoc

Reaction score
Got the update this morning. VCast Apps won't open (not that I really care). However, the native browser now closes itself spontaneously. I switched to Dolphin and haven't had any additional problems.

notatechperson

Reaction score
why does verizon feel it has the right to nag you into installing crap you don't want or need?

THANK YOU! I don't want this update. What does this update do, exactly?

More importantly, can I refuse the update and somehow get rid of the annoying notice which is forcing the update on me?

danthrin

Reaction score
why does verizon feel it has the right to nag you into installing crap you don't want or need?

THANK YOU! I don't want this update. What does this update do, exactly?

More importantly, can I refuse the update and somehow get rid of the annoying notice which is forcing the update on me?

How come you don't want an update if you don't know what its for?

It's not a huge deal for me. I got it last night. I was kinda excited to see my phone and Verizon working together. I absolutely hate going into stores for updates.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

joropeza81

Reaction score
I received the update last night. Since I'm rooted I didn't want to do it, cuz it breaks the root. Decided to do it, and it didn't even reboot my phone and it said my phone is up to date. I'm not even showing the new apps? Lucky me I guess

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I received the update last night. Since I'm rooted I didn't want to do it, cuz it breaks the root. Decided to do it, and it didn't even reboot my phone and it said my phone is up to date. I'm not even showing the new apps? Lucky me I guess

This makes Marco a happy boy :)

lazerdude

Reaction score
no problems with the update

vcast not a biggie...I just dont use it.
update did not cause any adverse affects so far. not faster, not slower...

Marco Montana

Reaction score

I dont know but its pissing me off! the whole i pay $30 bucks a month p[lus numerous other charges for my phone and I cant use my unlimited data plan to tether my netbook ?

Then they spam you with random apps and subscriptions, someone needs a punch in the face!

Dinc_User

Reaction score
i backed everything up, and then selected "install." my phone hung while supposedly rebooting. i left it for 15 minutes in case it was doing something, and then pulled the battery and rebooted. phone says it is up to date, nag gone, and none of the apps are installed (which is good in my opinion). running skyraider 3.3.

TheGreatWall

Reaction score
I received the update yesterday, and since then, my phone has experienced frequent "loading" situations. It was working fine but now has issues. So much for an update being positive.

I have the same problem. And I can no longer use youtube (or pandora?) app over my home wifi (My house doesn't get much in the way of a signal)

Dinc_User

Reaction score
its baaack!

i have a rooted phone running skyraider 3.3, and i tried to install the update, which just locked up my phone. i rebooted the phone, and there were no new apps, but no more updated nag either. well, the update is back asking to be installed again. is there any way to get rid of it permanently?

kennyg23

Reaction score
Download the app but don't install it. It will see the update.zip file on your phone and will not asking to re download it.