just got update..??

Waltsm53

Reaction score
I got the update. Screwed up my phone. Had to have flashed, wiping out my apps and configuration. Avoid if possible.

ugafan2081

Reaction score
What version should it say? What's the Verizon app store called ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

E

Emtronics

VCAST Apps is the name of the Verizon Store. It didn't change the ver of Android on my phone. Still 2.2

Logan176

Reaction score
I just received the update this morning. I bought my phone on August 2. I really wish Google would take a stand and allow ANY app to be deleted from their software. It doesn't bother me that apps are preinstalled, afterall useless programs are always installed on a new computer. However, you can delete unwanted programs on a computer.

catalyst11

Reaction score
Just got the update this morning as well but have not installed it. Mine is rooted running Skyraider and I don't want to update if its gonna mess up my phone. Anyone figure out how to get rid of the notification?

Logan176

Reaction score
I just tried the stupid Verizon app that was forced on our phone during the update and it won't even work. Half the time I try using the other Verizon app that checks my minutes it doesnt work either. They might have great coverage but their apps suck.

RayCee

Reaction score
I got the update today I can see slacker Radio but it has Adobe Reader now and the Vcast app that won't even open can anyone open it whats in there

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
With you on great coverage suck apps! Let's hope Apple and Verizon work something out!

browseabout

Reaction score
I have a stock 2.2 that I rooted to just be able to edit some files if I needed to but I have not customized anything. I recieved the update yesterday and selected it to update. The phone started the countdown in order for you to cancel it but I let it go and it said it would reboot and update. A few minutes later I looked at it and the screen was black so I was wondering if it was updating. I pressed the power button to see what was going on and it lit up just like it was in sleep mode. The screen was at the update screen with the button to press to reboot for it to update. I pressed it so it would reboot and update but all it did was turn off. I waited about 20-30 min and once I turned it back on the update notification was gone and nothing had changed. I don't have the vcast or slacker icon. Is there anything I can do to get the update back so it can actually update or do I have to unroot just for this and then reroot again? Either way how can I get this update to come back again so I can actually update?

Cmmsh

Reaction score
I just received the update this morning. I bought my phone on August 2. I really wish Google would take a stand and allow ANY app to be deleted from their software. It doesn't bother me that apps are preinstalled, afterall useless programs are always installed on a new computer. However, you can delete unwanted programs on a computer.

If this were Facebook, I would have clicked the LIKE button. My sentiments exactly.

riko540

Reaction score
I just tried the stupid Verizon app that was forced on our phone during the update and it won't even work. Half the time I try using the other Verizon app that checks my minutes it doesnt work either. They might have great coverage but their apps suck.

You can update the pre installed apps like the the My Verizon app that checks your minutes the latest version is 6.0 which is much more stable than the previous versions. However it only works for the free apps. The apps that cost money you'll have to pay for to get the updated versions.

sent from my pocket

Dinc_User

Reaction score
why does verizon feel it has the right to nag you into installing crap you don't want or need?

Last edited:

zMd113

Reaction score
I got the update this morning and so far there's no big difference for me. Just a couple of useless apps.

kmo

Reaction score
Just updated my DINC. Hopefully it keeps functioning as good as it has been. :unsure:

riko540

Reaction score
Finally go the update for mine. All seems well haven't tried out the new VCast app store but everything else works.