Just got this phone, extremely frustrated

Szadzik

Reaction score
That didn't answer his question lmao.

I think it got rooted a month or two ago. They finally unlocked the bootloader for it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1. Bootloader has not been cracked.
2. Botloader has nothing to do with rooting, so yes, my answer was enough.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
That didn't answer his question lmao.

I think it got rooted a month or two ago. They finally unlocked the bootloader for it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1. Bootloader has not been cracked.
2. Botloader has nothing to do with rooting, so yes, my answer was enough.

Bootloader may have not been cracked, but the kexec module is close enough. And still, he asked WHEN, so your answer was not enough...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/30059-2-1-rooted-milestone.html

This is when the 2.1 update was rooted.

Wait, that was the leaked update, woops. :p

fadil.zain

Reaction score
ok do u know the actual name for this clock and weather (since i cant download beautiful widgets cuz i dont have a credit card)

im looking at a bunch of weather/clock widgets dunno what those are called excatly as in name so i can type it down.

OMG Just buy a Prepaid/Gift Credit Card from most stores in Canada assign it to your Google Checkout account and then buy some apps..browse the marketplace....beautiful widget is great. Also play around with your Milestone and read some threads in customising your Android phone. Don't try to root your phone cause the process with frustrate you further

Kam5lc

Reaction score
I know that they were able to root the milestone a while back, since I am currently using a milestone 2.1 with root. However, u said they truely rooted the milestone, which I interpret as unlocking the bootloader and having the same mod opportunities as the droid. However I guess this hasn't been done since there is no froyo root update for the milestone yet?

Szadzik

Reaction score
I know that they were able to root the milestone a while back, since I am currently using a milestone 2.1 with root. However, u said they truely rooted the milestone, which I interpret as unlocking the bootloader and having the same mod opportunities as the droid. However I guess this hasn't been done since there is no froyo root update for the milestone yet?

Root has nothing to do with bootloader and rooting does not mean cracking the bootloader.