Just got the Thunderbolt, need help rooting!!!

woogyboogy

Reaction score
So I just got the HTC Thunderbolt from my brother and I want to root it, just came from a Droid X and it was rooted so I wana root the Thunderbolt,

It of course is 2.3.4, and the Software number is 2.11.605.9

I'm not very good with rooting so if anyone can post the EASIEST way to root that would be awesome! Thanks!!!

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I'm going through the process right now...I just installed the fastboot drivers and I hit enter and it says "waiting for device..." I've been stuck at this screen for 10 mins.

Any ideas?

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Usb debugging on?

Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I got it to recognize my phone, I just had to unplug it then plug it back in.

I'm at the part where you wrote a message titled "PLEASE READ" and it says click the download button, but then click cancel...?

I'm not sure what to do here cause I don't want to brick my phone or something...

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Scroll down to the download for Windows, click it, then cancel the downLoad. That's just so you can get your beta code w/o having to waste time downloading

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I figured that part out, I selected my phone and entered the serial number in, but what is my HBOOT version #? I don't know what to type in there???

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Youre on 1.5
(Info you need is in the revolutionary window)

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
Ok I just manually typed in the BETA key now my phone is restarting it looks like...im scared lol I'm at the screen with 3 droids on skateboards at the bottom...not sure what I should do now?

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The popups told you what to do

(Using power to select and vol. Buttons to navigate, select bootloader, wait a few seconds, then select recovery. Then once on recovery, select install zip from SD, then select choose zip from SD, then scroll down to su.zip, select it, then select yes. Then hit back until at main menu and select reboot system now)

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I clicked bootloader, waited a couple seconds then clicked recovery, and now all I see is a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point inside it...

FML!!!!!

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You needed to flash cwm through revolutionary , just pop out your battery, reboot, plug in phone, open support files folder in downgrade bypass, run revolutionary.exe, enter Y in revolutionary to flash recovery.

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I got to the recovery screen but in yellow it says "E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command"

I tried selecting "Apply Update from sd card" then clicked "su.zip" and it says "E; failed to verify whole-life signature" "E: Signature verification failed" "Installation aborted.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Answer above

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I'm so confused...I have to restart everything I just did?