just got the OTA!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by gchave, Dec 14, 2011.

1. gchave

gchave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im going to download it now ill be back soon with any info about it.
    Im not rooted and didnt sign up for anything to get it. I got the phone the day it came out.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Congrats! Same here, but got it yesterday.

3. welsalex

welsalex Member

Ratings:
    +11
    My girl has bionic also she got the ota this morning. Looks like its rolling out!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. gchave

gchave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    everything seems normal, no drops, no problems just yet..being able to move some apps to Media area is a pretty big deal.. interesting though when i do move them over to media area they seem to get smaller ins size?? for instance Angry Birds goes from 23MB into 1.45MB... not sure why or what it means.. the game seems to run just fine though and when i turn the phone off and on nothing is lost so I'm happy. but if anyone can explain that to me that be wonderful.
    Peace

5. Fokkerdmr

Fokkerdmr Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Installed my OTA update yesterday around 11a PST. System version is now 5.5.893.

One thing that I noticed which was different was text message handling. While in a known low signal strength area, the phone showed full signal 3G strength. I would then send a text message, and it would fail almost immediately and signal strength dropped to 0 (and gave me the no connection icon). Typically in the past, I would see the text message attempt to send for a longer time before failing. I also never noticed the fact that the connection status changed from full 3G to no connection at the time of failure.

Camera focus seemed to be much faster (although I'd already changed to using a different camera app, which appears to have better focus responsiveness anyway).

-Dave

6. XT860

XT860 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just did the ETA update on my Bell xt860-droid 3. Took about 10 minutes, no issues here....

Sent from my XT860 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

why has my phome got an ota on it