Just got the 4.08 update

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, took them long enough, it happened while I was in the middle of playing jelly bean, did the reboot thing, update started to download and then just stopped 1/4 thru, then it gave me the low storage message, same thing happened over a month ago, so I quickly dialed into the Google servers, after I did that I Uninstalled Google currents, ally apps are already on my SD card, after doing that I shut down the phone and at the same time pressed down the volume button till I got into the boot screen, cleared the cache and rebooted, before I shut down though I changed the date to 2 months ahead, once phone was back in action I went to the system menu and looked in system update, Lo and behold, there was the 4.8 staring me in the face, of course I said Update please:) , update took 10 minutes, after it finnished it said I had successfully updated my phone to 4.8, about time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten the 4.08 update these last few days, all I know is that low memory nonsense has vanished with the 4.08.

ambrown

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten the 4.08 update these last few days, all I know is that low memory nonsense has vanished with the 4.08.

I get it repeatedly but it won't install. It just counts down then says "rebooting" and does nothing. I'm going to try the above method though to see if I can finally make it work. POS software update needs to be fixed in order for it to work and fix the problem it was designed for. This whole ordeal is making me seriously reconsider ever buying an HTC product ever again.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

dAi

Reaction score
is 4.08 ice cream sandwich?....