Just got really mad at my droid!!

NYZ93

Reaction score
My stupid droid (ima regret saying that when i get over this later)
ended up not allowing me to view the damn screen everything worked except the screen i would hit the unlock button and it would stay black but when i pushed the volume up i could hear it respond the button was not broken the droid was just being stupid:mad: so i had to do a battery pullll:mad:
SO my question is has this dumb droid moment happend to anyone else
(this is the first time its happend to me have owned it since a day after it realesed)

glenn

Reaction score
My stupid droid (ima regret saying that when i get over this later)
ended up not allowing me to view the damn screen everything worked except the screen i would hit the unlock button and it would stay black but when i pushed the volume up i could hear it respond the button was not broken the droid was just being stupid:mad: so i had to do a battery pullll:mad:
SO my question is has this dumb droid moment happend to anyone else
(this is the first time its happend to me have owned it since a day after it realesed)

The same thing happened to me this morning. I slid up the app draw and tapped home a couple of times and the icons came back....it was frustrating and I have no idea why it happened. I have not received the pre 2.1 update either so that's not it.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
I have had it happen a few times over the past few weeks. I have blamed it on being rooted and on 2.1.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP, even if you've got the hottest girl on Earth as your girlfriend.... you're still gonna fight :) Don't be mad at Droid. LOL

droidfannd

Reaction score
You probably need to relax a bit.

Your phone is an inanimate object.

Getting mad at it is useless.

I've had to do a battery pull on EVERY phone I've ever owned at some point in my life.

If it keeps happening every time you turn the phone on...return to Verizon and have it exchanged. It's still under warranty.

Flipping out and posting angry tirades is counter productive.

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
mine is not rooted so dont blame it on the root

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
mine is not rooted so dont blame it on the root
Could've been something as simple as an app getting stuck in a loop, or some other random occurrence. You've had your Droid long enough to know this isn't normal for it to freeze up.
Give it a spanking and tell it not to do it again :icon_ devil:

DHood

Reaction score
This happened to me a couple times. I had home replacement apps though. I've found them to be too much frustration like panda froze my phone kinda often, home++ I forget my biggest complaint but I didn't like it... I'm sticking with home until 2.1

If you have either of those apps, I wouldn't be shocked if that's the cause.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love saying this:

You have a computer, not a phone ... Act Accordingly! :)

I've had FC's as well, but by my own installs of 2.1 apps ported to 2.0.1.

You are not alone.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I've had 3 or 4 battery pulls since I got mine. I run a lot of beta apps though, and Home++, so I'm guessing that's most of the problem.

bigthinker

Reaction score
I would see if it acts again like this. If so, check your apps that you have installed. One of them could be the culprit.

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^maybe i just downloaded a bunch of apps off the internet
non android approved websites