just got my spare battery+battery charger!

evilsock

Reaction score
about 55 bucks shipped from fommy.com so now all i do is swap batteries and go, no more sitting on charger for me. just saw desktop cradle that has spare batt slot:icon_evil: wish i saw that 5 days ago. oh well i think its only 15 bux, what the hell, post pics when it gets here.:icon_ banana:
but this thing is great, battery is brand spankin new to and cheaper than vzw.

Attachments

• 2010-02-01 14.55.31.jpg
    2010-02-01 14.55.31.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 370

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Congrats! I've been toying with the idea of getting a setup like this, but don't really use enough battery at this point to justify it. Mine lasts all day unless I'm going Droid-crazy...

Co_Mntn_Man

Reaction score
I'm still a newbie - how much time are you getting on average for battery life between charges? I am seriously considering a second battery.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm still a newbie - how much time are you getting on average for battery life between charges? I am seriously considering a second battery.

Depending on usage, I tend to get around 20 hours or so personally. There are MANY settings, apps, and features that come into play though. I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on what to use and what not to use and when to do so to keep my battery level green.

Take some time and play around with settings, both system [WiFi, Sync, and those things] and within your apps [refresh rates are a big one with any that pull information from the internet.]

crf69

Reaction score
shoulda saved the 55 bucks and get the mugen extended battery that is coming out this month

tucripper

Reaction score
I have always had a spare battery for all of my phones. As far as my Droid I have had to use my spare maybe 3 times since Nov. i get around 18-20 hours of use out of the battery using my phone for music, the various surveyor apps, as a flashlight, GPS, and games. I am one of those people that believes in the 7 "P" s " Proper Pre-Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance" .

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have always had a spare battery for all of my phones. As far as my Droid I have had to use my spare maybe 3 times since Nov. i get around 18-20 hours of use out of the battery using my phone for music, the various surveyor apps, as a flashlight, GPS, and games. I am one of those people that believes in the 7 "P" s " Proper Pre-Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance" .

I'd be the same, but my car has an A/C outlet, so I use my wall charger and don't tend to be away from a power-source for long enough to justify buying another battery at this point...

mikespe

Reaction score
about 55 bucks shipped from fommy.com so now all i do is swap batteries and go, no more sitting on charger for me. just saw desktop cradle that has spare batt slot:icon_evil: wish i saw that 5 days ago. oh well i think its only 15 bux, what the hell, post pics when it gets here.:icon_ banana:

Where did you see the desktop cradle for $15?

OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score

Where did you see the desktop cradle for $15?
Treo Accessories - Blackberry Accessories - Blackberry Case, Blackberry Bluetooth, Blackberry Charger, Blackberry Battery, Cell Phone Accessories - Fommy.com
find droid and scroll down to cradles, says "AMZER" or something, does just what vzws 30 dollar one does, AND charges a spare batt for half the price

edit: here you go
http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page.asp?divid=Motorola&model=Motorola+Droid+A855&skuno=86205

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting one of those Amzer charging cradles with the extra battery slot ... it's SO cheap that I'm nervous that it won't work. This one
Amzer Desktop Cradle with Extra Battery Charging Slot For Motorola - Motorola Droid A855 - Fommy.com says "extra battery compartment won't charge unless plugged in directly to the outlet due to the low power generated by the USB output."

I have a car charger that a usb cable fits into and it charges the droid pretty well ... i was hoping i could take a charging cradle with us on our upcoming camping trip and charge the extra battery via the van while I'm using my Droid. Not sure if this would work.

Any idea?

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you buddy :( but....you can get that same combo for 30 shipped on amazon =x

I'm in the same boat as you with the dock that has the spare battery slot, I didnt see it till it was too late :(

wormywyrm

Reaction score
I did this too!!! I was thinking about getting a multimedia dock or something but then I decided that a spare battery and charger was the most useful.

It is good for special events, especially roadtrips. Even when I am on long roadtrips where I have a lot of time to charge the phone in the car... It just does not charge fast enough! Since I am using it for navigation and music (and maybe random other things) the phones battery drains almost faster than it charges! If I have the wireless tether on during all of this then I am 99% sure that the battery will not go up at all, or at least so slow that it is not recognizable. Then after 5 hours of driving we get to our destination and I cannot even take pictures because my battery is almost out!! :-o

It will be really nice for those trips! Going on a trip this weekend that I am sure it will come in handy for.

PS, I paid the 55$ too. The worst part is my verizon did not have any in stock so they shipped it to me... Lol. So I didnt even get it sooner than I would have via amazon. Not that I needed it ridiculously soon, I prob wont need it for another 5 days or so.

wormywyrm

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting one of those Amzer charging cradles with the extra battery slot ... it's SO cheap that I'm nervous that it won't work. This one
Amzer Desktop Cradle with Extra Battery Charging Slot For Motorola - Motorola Droid A855 - Fommy.com says "extra battery compartment won't charge unless plugged in directly to the outlet due to the low power generated by the USB output."

I have a car charger that a usb cable fits into and it charges the droid pretty well ... i was hoping i could take a charging cradle with us on our upcoming camping trip and charge the extra battery via the van while I'm using my Droid. Not sure if this would work.

Any idea?

Man thats so nice!! I wish I got that now. Does that have the magnet in it so it goes into clock mode when you put your phone on it?