Just got my Revo today

mursepaolo

Reaction score
Someone please tell me there are ROMs for it.. This thing sucks my baby bottle. Coming from a Chevy-fied Gingerbread Droid, this thing REALLY SUCKS my similac.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
Ok I can't stand this phone. It's going back today. Anyone who is thinking about getting this phone, think twice!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What was wrong with it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
for starters, the screen is complete BS. for an "upscale" android phone, you'd expect better. my original droid has a better screen than this POS. then there's BING. the auto backlighting is stupid too. also, what's up with the no toggling 4g/3g without restarting? very annoying.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
for starters, the screen is complete BS. for an "upscale" android phone, you'd expect better. my original droid has a better screen than this POS. then there's BING. the auto backlighting is stupid too. also, what's up with the no toggling 4g/3g without restarting? very annoying.

so take it back and get the rebooting HTC or the laggy Samsung with the unreal blown out screen, with kiddie iPhone icons..:)

i had the Tbolt and i think this phone is just as good or not better I did prefer sense to the LG UI but it's not horrible. I actually perfer the camera and sceen to the HTC is has a more "real" instead of just being super bright..
but to each his own

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score

so take it back and get the rebooting HTC or the laggy Samsung with the unreal blown out screen, with kiddie iPhone icons..:)

i had the Tbolt and i think this phone is just as good or not better I did prefer sense to the LG UI but it's not horrible. I actually perfer the camera and sceen to the HTC is has a more "real" instead of just being super bright..
but to each his own

i see more glare than screen. how is that any good? when i look at my phone, i actually want colors to pop and not look like a faded pair of blue jeans.

devinhfox

Reaction score
That phone is the biggest pos.
I had it for a week, even the 4g wasn't enough to make me keep it.
I returned it for a 3g phone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

powder

Reaction score
I got it today. Can't believe you seriously think the screen is worse than OG. All the little stuff is fine with me because i know rommers will fix it. Bing will die and be replaced by google, and all the apps and widgets are 10x better than stock android. Stock android calendar, music player, video player, and social apps are all a complete joke compared to these. Yeah i'm not super fond of the launcher, but there's a lot of choices out there.

All in all the phone is super fast, screen colors are way better than the thunderbolt, and my battery life isn't bad. Not to mention Optimus is way better than sense. Optimus and touchwiz are very similar in just about everything.

I love it, but to each their own.

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
I got it today. Can't believe you seriously think the screen is worse than OG. All the little stuff is fine with me because i know rommers will fix it. Bing will die and be replaced by google, and all the apps and widgets are 10x better than stock android. Stock android calendar, music player, video player, and social apps are all a complete joke compared to these. Yeah i'm not super fond of the launcher, but there's a lot of choices out there.

All in all the phone is super fast, screen colors are way better than the thunderbolt, and my battery life isn't bad. Not to mention Optimus is way better than sense. Optimus and touchwiz are very similar in just about everything.

do you also like the light leak on the bottom? and the fact that gps has trouble locking on unless you're using google maps? go to a vzw store and put your phone next to a droid charge and see how much you still like your screen.

powder

Reaction score

do you also like the light leak on the bottom? and the fact that gps has trouble locking on unless you're using google maps? go to a vzw store and put your phone next to a droid charge and see how much you still like your screen.

Can't find the light leak you're referring to.

Haven't had trouble with GPS.

Compared it to a Nexus S side by side, same screen as the Charge. I've seen a lot of the Samsung Vibrant as well. Don't get me wrong, Samsung makes great phones, great screens, but you didn't compare the screen to a Samsung, you compared it to an OG Droid, and even went a step further in saying the OG has a better screen. To that i have to laugh because i came from an OG and it's not even close.

I did hold a Charge and a Thunderbolt. Played with a thunderbolt shortly after it came out. It's just a cdma/lte Mytouch 4g imo. Ruled that out pretty quick. The Charge felt quite a bit less sturdy to me than the Revolution. It's almost the exact same UI, except it's got Google apps instead of bing apps. I just downloaded all the Google apps from the market on the Revo. The search button thing will be fixed pretty soon i'm 100% sure. All bing apps will go away w/ root explorer when i root tomorrow. Quadrant isn't the end all be all, but the Charge also go pretty sad scores. The revo doubles them stock for stock. Again, that will change with root, roms, kernels, etc but your whole thread has been about stock.

Like i said, to each their own. Maybe you got a faulty one, it happens.

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score

Can't find the light leak you're referring to.

Haven't had trouble with GPS.

Compared it to a Nexus S side by side, same screen as the Charge. I've seen a lot of the Samsung Vibrant as well. Don't get me wrong, Samsung makes great phones, great screens, but you didn't compare the screen to a Samsung, you compared it to an OG Droid, and even went a step further in saying the OG has a better screen. To that i have to laugh because i came from an OG and it's not even close.

I did hold a Charge and a Thunderbolt. Played with a thunderbolt shortly after it came out. It's just a cdma/lte Mytouch 4g imo. Ruled that out pretty quick. The Charge felt quite a bit less sturdy to me than the Revolution. It's almost the exact same UI, except it's got Google apps instead of bing apps. I just downloaded all the Google apps from the market on the Revo. The search button thing will be fixed pretty soon i'm 100% sure. All bing apps will go away w/ root explorer when i root tomorrow. Quadrant isn't the end all be all, but the Charge also go pretty sad scores. The revo doubles them stock for stock. Again, that will change with root, roms, kernels, etc but your whole thread has been about stock.

Like i said, to each their own. Maybe you got a faulty one, it happens.

Yeah maybe. I also have a problem loading pages. For some reason it seems to take forever for this damn thing to get started even with dolphin. I must admit, while there are strengths to this device, it's not enough to kill the curiosity for the charge.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

powder

Reaction score
If you like the phone, return it for a new one in my opinion. It sounds faulty. Even in 3g only, pages load extremely fast for me in the stock browser.

The search button thing is fixed. Uninstall bing, copy googlequicksearchbox.apk into system, rename it quicksearchbox.apk and it's fixed. If you're rooted, most apps can be removed with root explorer. CWM is available. Same guy that ported CWM is working on a stock rom for it. Development is coming along nicely. I couldn't be happier with my choice. I could however see your frustration if i'd gotten a bad one. My scores and functionality are on par with most of the reviews i've read of them though, so i'm not disappointed with it's performance.

I think w/ an aosp rom like cm7, this phone will get 3500 quadrant scores.

OP
mursepaolo

mursepaolo

Reaction score
If you like the phone, return it for a new one in my opinion. It sounds faulty. Even in 3g only, pages load extremely fast for me in the stock browser.

The search button thing is fixed. Uninstall bing, copy googlequicksearchbox.apk into system, rename it quicksearchbox.apk and it's fixed. If you're rooted, most apps can be removed with root explorer. CWM is available. Same guy that ported CWM is working on a stock rom for it. Development is coming along nicely. I couldn't be happier with my choice. I could however see your frustration if i'd gotten a bad one. My scores and functionality are on par with most of the reviews i've read of them though, so i'm not disappointed with it's performance.

I think w/ an aosp rom like cm7, this phone will get 3500 quadrant scores.

do you have any news of devs working on roms for this phone? it'll be the only thing that will make me keep it and save me 50 bucks for getting the charge.

powder

Reaction score
"thecubed" is the guy that ported cwm to it. He's working on roms. He just posted a stock rooted rom for people that didn't save a backup. His next is to remove bloat and build a nice clean bloat free stock rom. Then he wants to work on porting cm7.

LG has 60 days to release source under their license agreement, so if we see a gingerbread ota soon from LG like has been rumored, we may see that source released and get some roms going on.

We're still talking three weeks at least before we see an aosp rom.