Just got my Razr Maxx...

earled

Reaction score
I recently had my Galaxy Nexus stolen and needed a new phone. While I loved the ability to flash various ROMS, I flashed most of them, I was never entirely happy with the voice quality on calls. My reception was OK but no great.

Enter the Maxx... Reception is awesome, 2-3 bars of 4g at work and home 3-5 most other places. GN had no 4g at home or work. Calls sound great again. I very impressed. Now lets talk about battery life. The GN with DT's Complx I would get about 15 hours with basic usage. I'm still at around 90% after 12 hours today. Played the the new phone alot today. This is on the first charge of the phone. Impressed big time.

Would love to be able to easily flash ROMs again with just CWR, is this possible with the Maxx? Are there any ROMS that shine and are near perfect? (Complx V2 will be near perfection IMHO)

Build quality seems better, not sure what is better, just feels better in my hand. Screen is pretty nice, GN has the better screen, but I could never claim to be a videophile.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the crew here.

Ty

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad you're enjoying it. I love both of mine. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Hello and Welcome :)

Wish I could answer your questions on ROMs but I decided not to root my maxx.... just yet. I haven't seen the need to. Changed the launcher, hid the bloatware add FoxFi and I was good to go.

I don't know if I will ever root.

Enjoy your time here

mgrande

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome :)

Wish I could answer your questions on ROMs but I decided not to root my maxx.... just yet. I haven't seen the need to. Changed the launcher, hid the bloatware add FoxFi and I was good to go.

I don't know if I will ever root.

Enjoy your time here

Which launcher are you using? Right now my phone upgrade is between the maxx and siii, depending on battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
earled said:
I recently had my Galaxy Nexus stolen and needed a new phone. While I loved the ability to flash various ROMS, I flashed most of them, I was never entirely happy with the voice quality on calls. My reception was OK but no great.

Enter the Maxx... Reception is awesome, 2-3 bars of 4g at work and home 3-5 most other places. GN had no 4g at home or work. Calls sound great again. I very impressed. Now lets talk about battery life. The GN with DT's Complx I would get about 15 hours with basic usage. I'm still at around 90% after 12 hours today. Played the the new phone alot today. This is on the first charge of the phone. Impressed big time.

Would love to be able to easily flash ROMs again with just CWR, is this possible with the Maxx? Are there any ROMS that shine and are near perfect? (Complx V2 will be near perfection IMHO)

Build quality seems better, not sure what is better, just feels better in my hand. Screen is pretty nice, GN has the better screen, but I could never claim to be a videophile.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the crew here.

Ty

90% after 12 hours?! I'm at 30% after 8 hours, not impressed at all. All ive been doing is my settings, smart actions and downloading my favorite apps.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
If you're still at 90% after 12 hours, you didn't use your phone a lot. These things have good batteries but not quite that good.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Battery Monitor Widget gives you a lot of detailed information beyond just the widget. Also gives you voltage and battery temperature in the notification area.

Bada$$ Battery Monitor also gives you much more detailed information. Gives you battery temp and avg time left in the notification area

Battery Circle gives you battery temp, battery voltage, and time since last charge in the notification area.

Go Power Master (believe you also have to have go launcher installed) gives you a widget w battery info and many useful functions as well as smart actions you can apply to save battery.

All display in 1% increments.

And go figure, I have them all installed on my phone because I use different features of each.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I'm still using "Battery Left", by Preinvent. He actually used to post here and respond to bugs, suggestions, etc.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I will have to check that one out, as if I don't have enough, lol. I would like to have just one that gives me the info I want in the notification area. Bada$$ is close, would like them to add time since last charge and it would me be perfect although I would still keep battery monitor widget because the app gives very detailed information on battery use.

Btw, Go power master does not give information in 1% increments but I like their smart action feature much better than the stock.

jeff70

Reaction score
Battery Monitor Widget gives you a lot of detailed information beyond just the widget. Also gives you voltage and battery temperature in the notification area.

Bada$$ Battery Monitor also gives you much more detailed information. Gives you battery temp and avg time left in the notification area

Battery Circle gives you battery temp, battery voltage, and time since last charge in the notification area.

Go Power Master (believe you also have to have go launcher installed) gives you a widget w battery info and many useful functions as well as smart actions you can apply to save battery.

All display in 1% increments.

And go figure, I have them all installed on my phone because I use different features of each.

now this is a person that knows what is going on with his battery at any given moment :hail:

the only one I noticed you didn't mention is battery indicator, I have been using battery indicator free for a year or so and liked the app so I decided to reward the developer by getting the pro version

health/temp/voltage in notification bar, tap on notification for estimated times of remaining battery life (normal, light, heavy, constant use) and shortcut to battery use

edit: also forgot to say time unplugged from charger is also displayed when you open the notification bar

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
jeff70 said:
now this is a person that knows what is going on with his battery at any given moment :hail:

the only one I noticed you didn't mention is battery indicator, I have been using battery indicator free for a year or so and liked the app so I decided to reward the developer by getting the pro version

health/temp/voltage in notification bar, tap on notification for estimated times of remaining battery life (normal, light, heavy, constant use) and shortcut to battery use

Lmao! Oh wonderful, now I am going to have to check that one out because just maybe it has everything I want in one app. I think I am becoming a battery monitor junkie, lol! I blame Master FoxKat for my obsession. No, just joking. He sure has enlightened me a lot about my battery and has given me what I need to know about optimizing it. Not having a replaceable battery and absolutely loving this phone, I want to stay on top of it... I plan to keep this phone for longer than I have any phone I have ever had. I love it and the first android that I haven't even felt like rooting yet. Go Razr Maxx!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Lmao! Oh wonderful, now I am going to have to check that one out because just maybe it has everything I want in one app. I think I am becoming a battery monitor junkie, lol! I blame Master FoxKat for my obsession. No, just joking. He sure has enlightened me a lot about my battery and has given me what I need to know about optimizing it. Not having a replaceable battery and absolutely loving this phone, I want to stay on top of it... I plan to keep this phone for longer than I have any phone I have ever had. I love it and the first android that I haven't even felt like rooting yet. Go Razr Maxx!

Tis your Droid alright... :biggrin: