Just got my Razr...Did this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by jeffkenney3, Nov 14, 2011.

1. jeffkenney3

jeffkenney3 New Member

Just picked up my new Razr and reaaly like it so far.But tonight I went to turn it on and it would not turn on....I held down the start button for along time and nothing,then I plugged in to charger and tried again ,no luck.I went to the verison store and the rep plugged in and it came back on in a few??????? Anyone else see this?
  2. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

Maybe your outlet is fried.
  3. jeffkenney3

jeffkenney3 New Member

fried

No tried 2
  4. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

bad cord..??..bad usb port/plug....??...i had no problems with mine...i did notice that you have to push the usb into the phone a bit more than i did with my og droid..you sure you had it pushed in all the way..?
  5. UneikC3

UneikC3 New Member

I had this exact same thing happen to me!!! I tried 3 different chargers on different outlets (All chargers from Razr's that others in the house got). I brought it into Verizon and sure enough it turned on right when they plugged it in. I thought it must have just been something I was doing wrong and then just tonight the phone decided to do it again!!
  6. ablank

ablank New Member

Hasn't happened here. If it persists take it to Verizon and get a new one. I mean it is a $700 device; you are allowed to expect perfection at that point I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  7. swiftgabe

swiftgabe New Member

Same Here

I'm seeing the same thing. It was fine last night... I took it off of the charger and put it to Sleep with about 70% power remaining. This morning when I tried to turn it on, it would not respond. I've tried plugging it in to the computer, the car, and the home outlet chargers, and it will not respond. Taking it back to the store tomorrow.
  8. mportuesisf

mportuesisf New Member

I had a similar thing happen to me. I went to turn my RAZR on in the morning, it would not turn on no matter how many times I tried or whether I had it plugged in or not.

I was ready to take it back to the VZ store, but I did some Googling first. The Xoom tablet has a hard reset you can do by holding down volume-up and power together for several seconds. On the RAZR, it is volume-down plus power, but after several seconds it did work and my RAZR came back to life. No problems since.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using DroidForums
  9. ValkF6

ValkF6 New Member

On the RAZR, it is volume-down plus power, but after several seconds it did work and my RAZR came back to life.

I had the same thing happen once a week ago. No problems since.
  10. Ansa82

Ansa82 New Member

Not sure what the issue is, but I have noticed that the charger that came with razr is "wobbly". I don't know how else to put it. It doesn't stay plugged in good....it's not a snug fit to the USB cord either. I love my razr, but am very surprised at the poor quality of the charger that came with it! I'm wondering if maybe your devices aren't getting properly charged??
  11. jtpowell

jtpowell Member

Had this happen for the first time last night. Did the vol down + power and it booted back up.
  12. breedingh8

breedingh8 New Member

Odly enough I've had none of these issues I didn't even open my usb cable using my DX cable or one of my other moto cables fits fine very snug... All I have on my cable is a green ecomoto tag and silver sticker on the Charge side so I know it's moto just not sure what phone I got it with... Good luck id try some others or bring it into local store

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums
  13. pj_sav

pj_sav New Member

Yes

just received my razr in the mail... won't turn on. verizon guy couldn't help and was transferring me to technical service so i hung up to look for answer on the web
  14. pj_sav

pj_sav New Member

Just received my RAZR and will not power up. I'll give the old reset a try that's listed on the site

reset work!! thanks to this site & posters
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  15. gottaDROID

gottaDROID New Member

Yep this happened to me as well. Mine did 2 days after I got it with about 70% battery. Did the volume down + power and it fired up. But I did freak out and called Verizon about it.
  16. todroid

todroid New Member

Happens to my Razr at any power level, independent of charging state. If I turn it off, it's a crapshoot whether the start button will power it back up. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it does not. However, that same power power button works flawlessly for turning the display on and off. So, it must be software related. Still does it after factory reset. Maybe it will be captured in the next patch from Moto.
    Yet... Considering that in 3 weeks of owning the phone it has not froze on me once, and that hard reboot always powers it up, it's not an issue for me. At all. And because of >20 hour battery life I get with my use, I never approach a power down state...
  17. thegleam

thegleam New Member

This just happened to me. 80% power, I powered down and couldn't get any response 15 minutes later when I went to power back on. I've only had it 5 days, so already pulling out receipt to march back into store in the morning. But thanks to everyone, I was able to use the volume down and power button to get the charge light and little cylinder. Then I could use the power button to turn back on normally.
  18. sarabush1968

sarabush1968 New Member

Last night my Razr kept shutting off. It had 50% battery...I would turn it on and it would promptly shut back off. I went over to my charger (from my blackberry storm) and plugged it in and it turned on and stayed on..even after taking it off the charger after about a minute. I hope this doesn't happen again, though. I LOVE this phone!
  19. eagleaction

eagleaction New Member

Eagleaction

Have u tried to disable in-pocket detection in the display settings. Never had any problems from day one.
  20. must...app...must...

must...app...must... New Member

I woke this morning to a dead phone and came to this site and thread to see if similar issues have been discussed. Fortunately while waiting for the phone to arrive at Verizon store I ordered cover/cord/charger from amazon. I plugged the extra cord in and it powered right up. 0% battery, must have not charged at all last night before bed due to defective factory cord. The phones a week old I cant wait to see Verizon store hands me a new one.
Search tags for this page

volume down plus power didn't work to reset razr