Just got my Razr...Did this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by jeffkenney3, Nov 14, 2011.

1. jeffkenney3

jeffkenney3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked up my new Razr and reaaly like it so far.But tonight I went to turn it on and it would not turn on....I held down the start button for along time and nothing,then I plugged in to charger and tried again ,no luck.I went to the verison store and the rep plugged in and it came back on in a few??????? Anyone else see this?

2. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Maybe your outlet is fried.

3. jeffkenney3

jeffkenney3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    fried

No tried 2

4. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    bad cord..??..bad usb port/plug....??...i had no problems with mine...i did notice that you have to push the usb into the phone a bit more than i did with my og droid..you sure you had it pushed in all the way..?

5. UneikC3

UneikC3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this exact same thing happen to me!!! I tried 3 different chargers on different outlets (All chargers from Razr's that others in the house got). I brought it into Verizon and sure enough it turned on right when they plugged it in. I thought it must have just been something I was doing wrong and then just tonight the phone decided to do it again!!

6. ablank

ablank Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hasn't happened here. If it persists take it to Verizon and get a new one. I mean it is a $700 device; you are allowed to expect perfection at that point I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

7. swiftgabe

swiftgabe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same Here

I'm seeing the same thing. It was fine last night... I took it off of the charger and put it to Sleep with about 70% power remaining. This morning when I tried to turn it on, it would not respond. I've tried plugging it in to the computer, the car, and the home outlet chargers, and it will not respond. Taking it back to the store tomorrow.

8. mportuesisf

mportuesisf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar thing happen to me. I went to turn my RAZR on in the morning, it would not turn on no matter how many times I tried or whether I had it plugged in or not.

I was ready to take it back to the VZ store, but I did some Googling first. The Xoom tablet has a hard reset you can do by holding down volume-up and power together for several seconds. On the RAZR, it is volume-down plus power, but after several seconds it did work and my RAZR came back to life. No problems since.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using DroidForums

9. ValkF6

ValkF6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On the RAZR, it is volume-down plus power, but after several seconds it did work and my RAZR came back to life.

I had the same thing happen once a week ago. No problems since.

10. Ansa82

Ansa82 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure what the issue is, but I have noticed that the charger that came with razr is "wobbly". I don't know how else to put it. It doesn't stay plugged in good....it's not a snug fit to the USB cord either. I love my razr, but am very surprised at the poor quality of the charger that came with it! I'm wondering if maybe your devices aren't getting properly charged??

11. jtpowell

jtpowell Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Had this happen for the first time last night. Did the vol down + power and it booted back up.

12. breedingh8

breedingh8 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Odly enough I've had none of these issues I didn't even open my usb cable using my DX cable or one of my other moto cables fits fine very snug... All I have on my cable is a green ecomoto tag and silver sticker on the Charge side so I know it's moto just not sure what phone I got it with... Good luck id try some others or bring it into local store

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

volume down plus power didn't work to reset razr