Just got my Nexus

spillner

Reaction score
Last week I traded my Droid 3 plus $50 for a used VZ Galaxy Nexus (I think thats a steal). I couldn't stand how Motorola has treated it D3 owners. No OS and 2 minor firmware updates. I rooted this the other day and put JB on it and I have to say that the difference between this and the D3 is like comparing a compact car to a Corvette. This is the best experience on a phone I've ever had. Jelly Bean is amazing.

My only gripe is the lack of a decent car dock. The Samsung charging dock requires me to take the case off and its far too bulky for my car. Motorola dock is much more low profile.

So far I'm very happy.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats spillner and gladh to hear you are enjoying it so far!! Best of luck with it!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
LOL, I'm having "dumb" moment and can't find where to edit it

Click on "Settings" towards the top right of the page. Then along the left side of the screen there will be a menu, one of the items says "Edit Signature."

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
LOL, I'm having "dumb" moment and can't find where to edit it

At the top of this page, by your username, there's a Settings option. Hit that the look to the left of the next page(may have to scroll down some) & you'll see Edit Signature.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last week I traded my Droid 3 plus $50 for a used VZ Galaxy Nexus (I think thats a steal). I couldn't stand how Motorola has treated it D3 owners. No OS and 2 minor firmware updates. I rooted this the other day and put JB on it and I have to say that the difference between this and the D3 is like comparing a compact car to a Corvette. This is the best experience on a phone I've ever had. Jelly Bean is amazing.

My only gripe is the lack of a decent car dock. The Samsung charging dock requires me to take the case off and its far too bulky for my car. Motorola dock is much more low profile.

So far I'm very happy.
As everone else has already said,glad you're enjoying your Nexus.As far as chrging docks for your car,I purchased the VZW's car mount 19.99(universal).This one allows me easy access to all the phones controls and I dont have to take it out of case.Hope these pics gives you some ideals.View attachment 53745View attachment 53746

trink08

Reaction score
Using the same mount except mine is attached to the vent. Its pretty good

trink08

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
As you see in the pic,my vent is too far away.Are the pieces for the vent pretty sturdy?

Yes. I've had no problems.