Just Got My New Maxx

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Just received my new Maxx and I am curious about something. I came back to Android after having my iPhone for about a year...still have the iPhone, just got bored.

My question is, what do you all use to put music on your phone? I know I can just drag and drop music, however, one thing I really liked about the iPhone was the way in which I could just select certain songs, ect. to sync.

With that said, what do you all do?

Also, do you use the stock music app or is there something better out there?

Thanks in advance!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Google music...or isyncr for doing things through iTunes.

alboboy10

Reaction score
So you all like to stream your music from Google Music versus having it direct on the phone?

If you have data, yea Google music is amazing. No need to take up space on your phone and no need to sync

I did a factory reset on my phone recently so I deleted everything. I deleted music and reinstalled it but for some reason the music hasn't synched even though I signed on my phone. Idk if I have to connect through a cable at all.

But Google music is the best way to stream music now I think.

You can use isyncr just to sync a couple of songs that you listen to a lot or for different purposes. (So you don't take out 10 gigabytes from your phone with just music).

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
The odd thing, and maybe I am missing it, however, it does not appear that you can upload individual songs to Google Music, just entire folders??

doggy2965

Reaction score
I just put it on my SD card. That way I have it whenever I want it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
The odd thing, and maybe I am missing it, however, it does not appear that you can upload individual songs to Google Music, just entire folders??

I forgot how to work Google music myself lol cause I haven't used it in a long time.

But I think you can just check the songs you want.

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I forgot how to work Google music myself lol cause I haven't used it in a long time.

But I think you can just check the songs you want.

I would have thought the same thing, however, it looks like all you can select is the directory.

doggy2965

Reaction score
I put it in the music folder. I also use power amp to play seems to work great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rumblee1

Reaction score
I use isyncr. And isyncr Wifi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DocsDad

Reaction score
My lack of patience made me get tired of waiting for my music to upload to google. It would have taken almost a week but sorta wish I would have let it continue now lol. No worries! I stream Pandora, Slacker and use SD card for my music.

nikecar

Reaction score
The quickest is making a music folder on the SD card via your pc and then transfering it over. Google music, you tell it where to upload from, so if your folder has a ton of songs, at first it uploaded them all, then new songs as you put them there. The next solution of only songs is make a directory to upload only select songs you place there.

Be aware that in my experience, and from online comments, its a data hog if not on WiFi.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.