Just got my Mikradle

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by TJM, Feb 24, 2010.

1. TJM

TJM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read the comparison done on the 3 docks - interesting. I just got the Mikradle and I really like it. I understand he is bringing a new model in the spring that is more streamlined, but I do like this one with the curved sides. I can leave the body glove on my Droid and charge it while it's in the Mikradle. Just out of curiosity, how does the magnet turn my Droid into a digital clock while in the Mikradle? Thanks, Cuskit! :clap:

2. patriot839

patriot839 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another +1 for cuskit always good to hear

3. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really don't know the technical answer to that. It's just something that Motorola built into the phone. Sorry I can't answer that more specifically - perhaps some of the tech savvy guys out here? Seeing as I install these magnets - perhaps I should study up on it so that I can give you a more educated answer. I'll do that and get back to you should nobody else chime in here. I do know that turning the magnet around induces the car mode as opposed to the multimedia mode (the one you see with the clock). For this reason, I check the polarity on every magnet right before installing the magnet with adhesive. Then I double check it again by placing my Droid on it after it's glued in. I'd hate to have you call me up and tell me the car mode was coming up instead of the multimedia! ;) See the attached photo for some magnets being clamped in place.

Click on photo for enlarged view
    Magnet.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! :) mike

4. TJM

TJM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply, Cuskit. By the way, when did the "free giveaway" of the 6' gold plated cable begin? I just had 2 Mikradles delivered a few days ago and wondered if I qualified, and it was just an oversight. Please let me know - I would appreciate it.

5. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No oversight! This FREE cable offer just began two days ago. All MIKRADLE purchases after 10:15 am, EST, Tuesday, February 23 qualify as per my announcement at that time. So, your order was probably placed about a week to 10 days prior to this. If you would - please either PM or email me, okay? Thanks - mike :)

6. TJM

TJM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I understand - oh well. I think the Mikradle is worth the Droid owner's consideration for a dock (especially if you have some type of case or cover that won't fit into others). It's a simple, yet functional dock. Thanks again, Cuskit, for bringing it to us. :)

7. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for those kind words!

I sent you a PM... :) mike

8. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    the droid has a magnetometer in it. its just one of many sensors that motorola installed in this phone (blackberry has them too for holstered mode) to do various..whatevers. its basically just a sensor that trips when the right kind/strength magnet is close enough.

9. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sam - thanks for that! :) I just knew somebody here knew something about that! I googled the word and found some very technical descriptions here Magnetometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Magnetometer. Hmmm. You think there's a way to install one on the wife? :icon_ devil:

mikey :)

10. TJM

TJM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sam for your info. I did go to the site cuskit recommended in the above reply and went to the mobile phone section - wow a lot of interesting read there. All this tech stuff is just amazing. I have learned so much since I got my Droid. Like I said before, can't beat this "Forum" for the information you need/want.

11. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    TJM, You sure have that right! The wealth of info contained here would fill a hundred fold volumes you'll find anywhere else. What's especially good is - if you have an issue or problem - somewhere with these 40,000+ members someone has "been there done that" and can walk you through the answer you need!

"New Posts" is my homepage on my work computer now - and I have a very serious addiction to this site! :) mikey