Just got my HTC rezound

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm going to get the otterbox commuter. It comes with a screen protector that should last at least a couple of months. After that I'll compare the Zagg and Phantomz, thanks for the tip. I also didn't know that the extended batteries went so high.

Would an extended battery still fit in otterbox cases? I also had my first issue today.. I was reading a dallas cowboys news app, and listening to pandora today and the phone just powered off all the sudden, I wasn't even close to holding the power button. One handed gripping on the sides. I had no issues with it turning back on, but it really freaked me out. That happened about 5 hours and hasn't again yet. If it happens again I'm going to return for a replacement I think. Day 3 out of 14.

PS: I went back to Sense to try it out and give it a fair shot since I used GLEX for so long on the droid. Going to mess with scenes, or whatever allows me to switch templates on the fly.

andeejo

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen when I was reading my colorado Rockies news app. It has never happened again so far. It could just be the app. Unfortunately no phone is perfect, so I wouldnt worry to much about it yet.

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
Happened a second time, then it restarted two or three times while booting up and I now have an app on my screen called Apps, with the icon saying Games&Apps, and when I open it it takes me to Handango Apps to download more apps... I never downloaded or searched for anything related to handango and have never heard of it before now. I can also find nothing on the internet related to what's happening to me...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Happened a second time, then it restarted two or three times while booting up and I now have an app on my screen called Apps, with the icon saying Games&Apps, and when I open it it takes me to Handango Apps to download more apps... I never downloaded or searched for anything related to handango and have never heard of it before now. I can also find nothing on the internet related to what's happening to me...

Did you download any recent apps. I would download Airpush detector and see if there are any apps using it. Then remove that app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
I took my screen protector off. The phone is solid and sturdy, and has already seen its fair share of falls. I don't think you need a screen protector unless you do a lot of outside work. An otter box is entirely up to whether or not you think that you need the extra protection, because there will be a fair amount of added bulk. The beats headphones are pretty decent, especially if you listen to alot of electronic music. The noise cancelling does does add some quality as well. Good luck with your Rezound!

P.S, the camera is awesome on this thing! A lot better than the Nexus and Razr!

Sent from Skynet

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I took my screen protector off. The phone is solid and sturdy, and has already seen its fair share of falls. I don't think you need a screen protector unless you do a lot of outside work. An otter box is entirely up to whether or not you think that you need the extra protection, because there will be a fair amount of added bulk. The beats headphones are pretty decent, especially if you listen to alot of electronic music. The noise cancelling does does add some quality as well. Good luck with your Rezound!

P.S, the camera is awesome on this thing! A lot better than the Nexus and Razr!

Sent from Skynet

I would highly suggest buying a $2 screen protector for your $500+ device.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
I would highly suggest buying a $2 screen protector for your $500+ device.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lol I live on the edge.... Jk, I slap a case and screen protector on if I'm going offroading, or doing anything that could harm my precious Rezound.

Sent from Skynet

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Just a word of note....if you just bought a Rezound you likely paid $199? Well, as of today it is $49.00! I bought mine last week at $199 which I wasn't complaining about since it is a high end machine....but just got off the phone with Verizon and they are crediting me the $150 difference. dancedroid

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
I got mine on wirefly.com, but am still within the 14 day window, think I could bully them into it, or cancel? Going to go read the 14 day terms and conditions now.

haf2beme2

Reaction score
Ok...I know this is petty but I want to save the original sound set. I accidentally deleted my default sound set. Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the default sounds are? Ringtone / Alarm / Notification / Message / Email / Calendar / Task. Thanks in advance.

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
Edit: After a bunch of fedex return issues it took 8 days to return my phones to wirefly, but I called them 3 times during shipping to ensure that they weren't going to charge me whatever 300something dollar ludicrous fee for it being returned outside of the 7 day shipping window.

So after talking to 4 wirefly reps, and 5 verizon reps, I am on the phone right now confirming my order with my verizon rep. Got the 49.99 discount still, for both my phones. Been a bit of a head ache, especially this phone call, the guy was told that they weren't going to give me my upgrade back even though they acknowledge that I returned the phones within the 14 day window. They tried to sell me one with another contract extension at full 199.99 price, after a few more holds, and them telling me that they don't price match online prices for verizonwireless.com and after me reading verbatim what was notated on my account by two previous employees saying that I will be getting two at the 49.99 price, due to issues with miscommunication and shipping problems. After another hold he came back saying they will sell me the phones for 199.99 each on my bill, and credit me 150 dollars per phone. Definitely taking lots of notes to ensure that they don't try to screw me out of this. Got all the names, dates, length of call, time of calls, and the 2nd verizon rep I spoke to read me what the first note said, and read me what he was typing as he was typing it on my account. 135 minute phone call later, and my 2 new HTC Rezounds be here on Friday. Or not.. >.< He just checked my order and it's being investigated for fraud, so holding again while he contacts them and tell them we're not being fraudulent. This has taken forever but this guy has taken care of everything for me. I don't think I like his supervisor very much though.

Edit: Overall, I'd have to say I'll probably avoid wirefly.com or anything like that again, due to the inconvenience of cross company communication during returns or cancellations. I don't want to be saddled with 10 hours of crap if there's ever a problem with my phone.

One more thing, does anyone know about any 3rd party insurance that is a better deal than verizon? 5.20 a month and 100 dollar deductible is ridiculous.

Last edited: