Just got my HTC rezound

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
So I've been to this site a few times, when I had my OG Droid. Just got my upgraded shipped to me today and activated. Gotta say, it's a huge improvement from the Droid. Anyways, I know how knowledgeable and informed you guys on this forum are.. What do I need to know about my rezound? Any cool features that are hard to find? This is my first Sense phone, kinda fun digging around trying to learn the new stuff.

I love the headphones. I don't know if they are truly awesome, or if it is just the first time I used noise muffling ear phones. Never listened to headphones that had real bass though.. Is that partially because of the airtight earbuds?

Tons of questions for my first post, haha. Hope I'm not overloading, but I had two more important questions - Do I need a screen protector, and should I get an Otterbox case? it feels solid, but that screen is so big it scares me. I only dropped my OG droid 5 times in the 20 months I had it and only one of those was on concrete(no damage thankfully.) Also, with my droid I was able to keep it in my pocket without a screen protector for 7 months without one scratch thanks to designated phone pocket only. I climb around alot too, so it'd be nice if you guys think I shouldn't need a screen protector. Glass is so superior. Thanks for reading my first post, and thanks for any answers in advance.

PS: I have no desire to root, or flash, or any of that. Not upgrading for a while, so don't really want to do anything risky. My fiancee just got a galaxy nexus today, so I'll have a nice chance to examine the two and make sure I made the right choice. I'm pretty sure I did... god I love the screen.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
So I've been to this site a few times, when I had my OG Droid. Just got my upgraded shipped to me today and activated. Gotta say, it's a huge improvement from the Droid. Anyways, I know how knowledgeable and informed you guys on this forum are.. What do I need to know about my rezound? Any cool features that are hard to find? This is my first Sense phone, kinda fun digging around trying to learn the new stuff.

I love the headphones. I don't know if they are truly awesome, or if it is just the first time I used noise muffling ear phones. Never listened to headphones that had real bass though.. Is that partially because of the airtight earbuds?

Tons of questions for my first post, haha. Hope I'm not overloading, but I had two more important questions - Do I need a screen protector, and should I get an Otterbox case? it feels solid, but that screen is so big it scares me. I only dropped my OG droid 5 times in the 20 months I had it and only one of those was on concrete(no damage thankfully.) Also, with my droid I was able to keep it in my pocket without a screen protector for 7 months without one scratch thanks to designated phone pocket only. I climb around alot too, so it'd be nice if you guys think I shouldn't need a screen protector. Glass is so superior. Thanks for reading my first post, and thanks for any answers in advance.

PS: I have no desire to root, or flash, or any of that. Not upgrading for a while, so don't really want to do anything risky. My fiancee just got a galaxy nexus today, so I'll have a nice chance to examine the two and make sure I made the right choice. I'm pretty sure I did... god I love the screen.

One thing I would get is a extended battery. The only thing bad about this phone is the battery. But a extended battery takes care of that. And also if you looking for a extended battery case look into Diztronic. For screen protectors, Zagg makes nice screen protectors. Overall, if you look on the htc rezound forums this phone hardly has any problems as the other verizon 4g phones out there. Also, this phone has the best 4g antenna out there. I have used nexus, razr, Maxx and all there 4g antennas suck. Hope, you enjoy the phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

WTF??

Reaction score
Theres screen protectors on eBay for $3-4 shipped for a set of 5... rather have that be scratched than your phone right?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Since this is your first 4g phone, leaving your data on all the time is going to be a battery drain shock to you. If you've got long periods during the day where you don't need data turning it off will help a lot. The screen is another battery hog but apps that help control the brightness can be a great help. I use Auto Bright and it has added about 30% to my battery life each day.
Have a look at some threads here and you'll probably find most of your questions have been asked and answered. Great group that frequents this section, imo.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and the Rezound. Personally I don't use a screen protector because I have a "designated phone pocket" as well. I've been through 4 Android phones like this and haven't had any problem with screen scratching. However I'd say that if you're doing things that can potentially damage the screen it's really a judgement call. The Rezound is a great little phone and you'll probably notice that the issues your fiancee has the with the GN don't appear on the Rezound..

Bpowder33

Reaction score
+ 1 for screen protector and extended battery!

Sent from my HTC Rezound

graywolf

Reaction score
You must get the extended battery if you want to make it through the day.
And yes, the bass and low end is because you are using noise cancelling headphones.

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
Yeah. We already had some issues with the Nexus. Took so long for it to activate and sync. My 4g hasn't been switched on yet, should be real shortly according to verizon.(Won't hold my breath.) I love how the glass feels, but I think that I'm going to go ahead and get a screen protector because I got this mostly for media, and don't want to worry about scratches when I'm showing off the HD glory. And thank you, I think I'm going to love it. I am already enjoying it... The only thing I don't like is that with sense I can't change the dock bar shortcuts, and I can't hide all the damn bloatware. I downloaded go launcher ex as a remedy for that.

I really hate seeing the damn apps I can't remove hahaha. Hopefully when we get ICS I can go back to sense and just folder all those dumb apps, because I love sense calender. Much better than Go's IMO. My friend just got a 4S and he's so jealous he's going to return his and get a rezound lol.

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
TY wtf, think I'm going to check out some Zagg protectors. Don't want to blemish that beautiful screen haha.

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
I have a charger at work, hopefully that will counteract the battery issues, especially when 4G gets switched on in my area. Might get the battery anyways. Got my rezound through wirefly for 179 with a 30 dollar verizon gift card. So I got 30 bucks to blow at verizon(Unless I can apply that to my bill.) Thanks for the welcome. I've read about 12 threads so far, been pretty informative. In regards to the autobright app you talked about, does the phone remain bright enough for you while you have it running? Or is it a pretty obvious picture quality sacrifice for battery life?

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
Yeah, Smith. I think my woman might be wanting to change to my rezound, instead of vice versa. Thanks for the input on the screen protector.. I think you guys are right and I am going to err on the side of caution and grab one.

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
Word. I was wondering about that, thanks Gray. They are actually so good at their job that they are unsafe for me to wear at work so I have to use my cheap headphones lol.

OP
T

ThisSpaceForRent

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Very glad I decided to register and introduce myself here. Seems like a very cool group of people. And helpful. Thanks again :D

NeedMoreFAR

Reaction score
I'll put in one more vote for the extended battery - you'll (almost) never need to worry about running out of juice during the day if you charge it the night before.

For a screen protector, I have a Phantomskinz protector. I also used them on my OG Droid. I find them to be a little more "glass-like" than Zagg. If you can find a 30% off coupon (try googling) you can get 2 for ~$7.

acousticshade

Reaction score
And as for extended batteries, you can choose from the 1900, 2750 or the new 4000 mah batteries, althought no one has seen the big one yet.