Just got my GN...what's up with the LED notification or lack there of?

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
So far, my Google experience has been less than stellar. Small issues since powering the device on and other nonsense since the 4.02 upgrade. Spent 30 min with VZW CS this AM, only to be told that it is due to 4G network issues. I doubt that the LED is a 4G function.

Regardless, I've tried Light Flow and it works in the test feature, but otherwise, it's useless...no notification lights at all for missed calls, SMS/MMS or email..etc.

On stock vanilla ICS...what does the LED do? Functions? Does it light on charging?

Reaction score
Lightflow works fine, did you select to turn it on in the Settings -> Accessibility-> Light Flow (on)?

Without an app, I found the LED does nothing.

pchakmak

Reaction score
Light flow works for me. You have to tinker with it. Can be tedious but I got mine to work for missed calls, Gmail, Handcent text, google talk and low battery.

Hugg727

Reaction score
I have Lightflow working on my stock ICS Nexus

+1 to the suggestion to check the settings -> accessibility -> lightflow

prowler85

Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing anyway. I'll check out lightflow, but what's up with the LED not working in stock? Was trying to reset my battery stats yesterday and the site I was following said to charge until the green light comes on. Then I noticed no green light, no charge light, and heck, no light at all. Ever. Is it a problem with 4.02??

6-Speed

Reaction score
mine always blinks white, and it seems only on emails. I haven't messed with light flow yet.

prowler85

Reaction score
Just got lightflow installed and working. Seems to solve the problem. It said somewhere in the description of the app that the LED doesn't work on some phones such as HTC and Samsung. What's up with that??

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Mine worked on everything stock, my problem was is it flashes like every 5 seconds so its useless stock. I now have the paid version of lightflow and honestly its pretty freaking sweet, it has minor bugs but 95% of it works all the time. I'm pretty happy with my LED notifications now. My gf has a nexus as well and she has the paid version as I do and it works exactly the same for her.

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

Last edited:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Works great for me, never missed a notification and it has different colors set up for pretty much everything.

Lord PSIon

Reaction score
ICS notifies me of emails by flashing white and text messages by flashing blue. Missed Calls/VM also flashes some color, just can't remember which (white I believe).

I have noticed that in silent mode that the email notification doesn't work sometimes.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Mine did not work stock but does with LF. Back when the Droid X started to get GB, a lot of people's LED stopped working including mine. It's always something!

prowler85

Reaction score
Mine did not work stock but does with LF. Back when the Droid X started to get GB, a lot of people's LED stopped working including mine. It's always something!

Aint that the truth! But at least there's (almost) always a way to fix it yourself!

honors21

Reaction score
Mine works fine it shows up on the bottom of the phone,
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pchakmak

Reaction score
Any BIG difference between lite and paid version? The only thing I can tell is that paid gives you notifications for other apps like facebook and twitter...