just got my galaxy s3 ! came from bionic

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I just bought the S3 yesterday to replace my Bionic. So far there alot of upside and little downside. One thing I am dealing with is Swype. The S3 does have a Sywpe-like feature but I like Swype which it doesn't have. I was able to download Swype Beta and install it but the beta version hides the directional arrows that I used ALOT on the Bionic. Other than that, loving S3 life!! :biggrin:

I used those arrows too. When I switched to the Rezound I had to do the same, but I'm pretty sure there was a buried option (there are so many) to show directional keys, even though it wasn't default like the Bionic. I know at some point I had directional keys with Swype not on my Bionic, might have been my X2. Just thought I'd throw it out there...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Otterbox has a nice selection, but I don't like the caps/covers over the ports I use frequently. I went with the Seidio Active.

I also really like that case (and that stand!). But I'm like you, I really don't like having to push down so hard for those side buttons. It looks like this IS covered. So are you saying they're still easily accessible, moreso than other "cap" cases?? Or you just made do??

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Mike.757 said:
I just bought the S3 yesterday to replace my Bionic. So far there alot of upside and little downside. One thing I am dealing with is Swype. The S3 does have a Sywpe-like feature but I like Swype which it doesn't have. I was able to download Swype Beta and install it but the beta version hides the directional arrows that I used ALOT on the Bionic. Other than that, loving S3 life!! :biggrin:

I figured out how to solve this problem because like you, it was one of the first things that bothered me!
Swype has a bunch of cool hidden features one of which being if you Swype Ur finger from the squiggly S on the bottom left to the right onto the 123 button a hidden menu shows up with the directional arrows!

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I found that and it helps but I am selfish and what them above the keyboard like they are with the bionic :)

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Mike.757 said:
I found that and it helps but I am selfish and what them above the keyboard like they are with the bionic :)

If like that too but I'm ok with doing it this way. The Swype key also works like the ctrl key on Windows; ctrl+a selects all
Ctrl+v pastes
Ctrl+x cuts, etc

lancelanz

Reaction score
I came from a Bionic (rooted)too. I used thumb keyboard 4 and it has the arrows at the bottom. I rooted my s3 and used titanium backup to install thumb keyboard on my s3. I think I originally got the apk from 4shared when I had my Droid incredible.