just got my droid!

andro

Reaction score
I joined the forum a few weeks ago, but today i when out and replaced my voyager with the moto droid! now for the hard part... i am NOT playing with it! I have it on the charger and am trying to condition the battery.... pure torture.

in the mean time I am collecting the list of apps I plan on dl once I am on the market

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
Others may disagree but pick up that phone and start messing with it! I never charge phones completely before using them anymore. I always just run them down, then charge them full. To each his/her own. Enjoy the phone!

zegolf

Reaction score
Others may disagree but pick up that phone and start messing with it! I never charge phones completely before using them anymore. I always just run them down, then charge them full. To each his/her own. Enjoy the phone!

I'm in the same boat, especially when you consider that a lot of VZW Stores hand the phone to you, partially charged, when you leave the store. Battery technology ain't like it used to be in the days of old tech.

That being said, I'd recommend Twidroid if you're a twitter user (I am: zegolf) and a barcode scanning app. Slacker Radio, Pandora and Shazam are great for music. I'd also recommend Handcent if you want total control over SMS.

Also, The Weather Channel App and Where are excellent apps.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i recommend jetflicks for watching streaming TV shows, beautiful widget for weather/flip clock, a home replacement (i use home ++ beta), snes/gba/sega emulators, dolphin browser... oh boy, the list goes on and on and on.

have fun :D