Just got my droid tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jthompsn, Dec 8, 2009.

1. jthompsn

jthompsn New Member

Been lurking around here for a month, finally broke and got my droid tonight. Love It!!! This is my first post!

Where do I get the cool flip clock from?
  2. taypotts

taypotts New Member

Check the market for Beautiful widgets. Looks great!
  3. Benjamin Crist

Benjamin Crist New Member

Glad you are loving it.

Did you get the HTC or the Moto? I believe the clock you refer to is built-into the HTC's touchflow ui, which is skinned onto the android platform. That being said, you could likely use those keywords and google an app that looks similar. If you don't find one, wait a few days, I'm sure someone is already working on one, lol.
  4. jthompsn

jthompsn New Member

I got the moto
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Beautiful Widgets and Weather Widgets are the clocks/weather you're lookin for def... they don't 'flip' however.

If you want to actually see the clock 'flip' there is an app called "flip clock beta".... this will actually 'flip' when time changes. just an FYI
  6. jthompsn

jthompsn New Member

the paid version, correct?
  7. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

If you want to see if you really want to see if you are going to use that clock and keep it on your desktop before investing in Beautiful Widgets, just do a search on HERO clock in the marketplace and you will find several free ones. They may not be as polished as Beautiful Widgets... but they are free... and you can see how much you really want that big honking clock taking up your desktop space. If you do decide to then you can alway get Beautiful Widgets later. Personally, I through the Hero Clock Widget on, and took it off less than an hour later. I can read the time in the corner of the screen, and the clock just takes up too much damn space for no real purpose. To me, it is nicer, and seems cooler in pictures than in practice.
  8. Benjamin Crist

Benjamin Crist New Member

And if you want a great desktop clock, search the marketplace for "dock runner." That is free.

Or you can buy the dock. I just got mine yesterday and it's great - it comes with a nice stand and an extra usb cable and AC-to-USB unit so you have duplicates of the ones the phone shipped with. For $30 I really like mine.
  9. MInkyboi

MInkyboi New Member

Home++ also has a flip clock widget
  10. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii New Member

Welcome aboard and to "the club" / out of the shadows.

I have Weather Widgets - Donate & Home ++ on my phone (which has the clock you're after). For the folks who do the apps and provide constant updates to make things better, I figure the least I can do is pay (around a buck or two) to keep them working on things and contribute to their efforts. So far I think I have shelled-out less than 10 bucks for the "premium" apps since I use them on a daily basis--definitely worth it to me.

- Mega
  11. shademar

shademar New Member

And the home++ flipclock is animated (home++ is a desktop replacement app that supports animated widgets.) That being said, I use beautiful widget because I think it's also among the nicest weather forecast apps.