Just got my Droid now i got a question

AHB900

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im new to the forums and i just got my droid yesterday. Im loving the phone, but I just have one problem. My phone is in my dads family plan and in result to this it is on his credit card. Now If i dl any paid apps i assume its going to charge his credit card? Is there a way to make it so it charges my credit card just for the apps? For example for iphone u create a Itunes account seperate from the bill and it charges your credit card which u have attached to the itunes account. Is there anything i can do for this there are some great paid apps that i really dont want to charge on my dads card.

Thanks

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I have yet to buy anything from the market but right now the market is not attached to the VZW account and you have to pay through Google Checkout with a Credit card.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
^This is correct. Downloaded apps are through Google and will not show up on your dad's Verizon account.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not sure, but bam's answer sounds like you should be able to do that separately. welcome to the forums!

HEMDROID

Reaction score
Whatever you do make damn sure you tell the NOT to put your card "on file"

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
when you bought apps from market, it will ask you for a google checkout account. if you dont have any, it will set up one for you but you need a credit card for it..
so basically whatever you've dl from market wont show on your verizon bill but on the credit card that you used on google checkout.

OP
A

AHB900

Reaction score
Oh thats interesting i was never asked for credit card information. Maybe its because i already had a gmail account. Do you guys know where i need to go to input my credit card jnfo?

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
Oh thats interesting i was never asked for credit card information. Maybe its because i already had a gmail account. Do you guys know where i need to go to input my credit card jnfo?

it was my first time buying something on the market and since i never had any google checkout transactions before this, the google checkout asked me, while on market app, what credit card i would like to use, and it set it up for me from there..

OP
A

AHB900

Reaction score
thanks guys. im so happy its like that cause if it wasnt i was gonna start not liking the phone :) haha.. just kidding i had my doubts but this phones better than i expected... Props to google/Motorola/verizon