just got my droid incredible. HELP

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Rhino1988, May 9, 2010.

1. Rhino1988

Rhino1988 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YEAH... I'm looking to put some themes on my phone but I don't know how.. or where to start can somebody please help.. what is " rooting" what is nandroid? Please I know this phone. Has some cool aspects I would like to know what to do.. email me at lansfordryan@gmail.com

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Not on the Incredible....It's not Rooted. Yet...

3. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome to the forum, start by reading the stickies in each subforum.

Right now, you cant root the Incredible, so there's no point in digging much deeper. Read and get familiar with the terminology and the possibilities, so that when the phone can be rooted, you are ready and understand.

4. Serialkilla

Serialkilla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As for themes, right now you need to use a home replacement - such as open home,or something similar found on the market, then use themes made for that home replacement app,also found in the market - to skin your incredible. Rooting the Incredible hasn't happened yet,so like LtKen said - read up on rooting,and get familiar with it,so when the Incredible is root-ready,you will be too!

5. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    If you're just looking to make your homescreens look different then just search the market for home replacement apps... such as ... GDE ... home++ ... openhome ... dxtop.......
    Or google sweeterhome and download from their website.... sweeterhome really changes the look of your phone without being rooted...

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  6. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see why you would want to theme it, as Sense is great looking =). But yes as others have said, you need Root (google it) access to theme your phone. The root access may be found in a few days, maybe months, no one knows. But seriously, Sense is one of the best looking themes around. I doubt you would want to use any of the user made themes instead of Sense, check around here, xda developers, and cyanogenmod.com to get a gist of what kind of themes are out there. If you like those themes over Sense, I'd recommend switching your Incredible out for a Droid, as there are many themes out for it, and a very large hacking community that will continue to produce them.