Just got it! Body Glove Question

gt_nfr

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just got the Droid in today. I ordered it from Amazon Wireless [Beta] and couldn't be any happier. I picked up a Body Glove from our local verizon store [I wanted a Seidio, but I get 25% off at verizon stores] and it seems like the sliding mechanism gets caught on the tabs of the body glove case and makes the sliding action less smooth. Does anyone else have this issue? I was wondering if its in the design of this case or did I just get a bad apple?

I've removed the case since and I have to say, its much easier to take off than what some of you guys say here. I had to remove the tabs one at it time, but by no means did I have to resort to prying the case off with tools like people have mentioned here.

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I have the same cover with the same slider issue. However I never use the physical keyboard so no big deal. It is odd however that after the cover has been on for sometime the phone seems super sleek when you remove (to say, put on the car dock).

irishdroid

Reaction score
I had the body glove case, key word is HAD. I had a real problem putting it on or taking it off. Once I decided the charging dock and car holder was important, the glove was gone. I now have a leather pouch to carry it in and I really like the feel of the Droid without any case on it. The worst thing I found was that having the glove after I took it off was that it loosened the screen. Up to you man, make it yours.

OP
G

gt_nfr

Reaction score
I finally put the body glove back on. I haven't got a screen protector yet and I'm also a little paranoid of dropping it. I actually filed down some of the tabs that got in the way of the sliding mechanism. There wasn't much I could take off because they are so thin, but it helped ALOT. The only one that gets in the motion slightly is the one on the top of the screen, near the earpiece. I can't say I like the extra bulk the body glove adds but I'm clumsy and have dropped my previous phones multiple times.

I was going to switch to the Seidio case but I noticed the tabs on those looked just like the one on the body glove and would get in the way as well...I think the only solution to this is to go nekked and maybe a screen protector?

kylo77

Reaction score
I went from the Body Glove to the Seido case. The Body Glove looks nice and rugged but increases the size of the phone. I returned that and waited for the Seido which I have now (with the holster). I have not experienced any interference with the tabs and it slides quite well. The Seido has a nice feel to it...I think it was the right decision.