Just got an OTA update to 5.6.893

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just checked cheesecake and got the update myself. I was rooted stock odexed with only a battery mod..... Humm phone booted up and it says update failed :( Only thing I did was a 10% battery mod and renamed a few apps to .bak. Might have to be pure stock?

It may be the battery. IIRC it has to be higher than 10%.

Abadus

Reaction score
Tried all my backups it won't install right err. Going to reflash to stock and try later.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
Hopefully they get the data connection drops fixed. It annoys the hell out of me.

warrior21

Reaction score
Hopefully they get the data connection drops fixed. It annoys the hell out of me.

I haven't lost my connection all day and that is the first time since I got the phone. It has definitely improved

Abadus

Reaction score
I just reflashed back to factory with R3l3ASEDRoot. downloading Cheesecake update now. It showed up as 5.6.893, I did not have to do the 5.5 update first. We shall see what happens soon.

{Edit} Strange the OTA failed even after I re-flashed my phone to stock. Guess I need to wait till someone puts it into .zip form for me :D

{Edit #2} Ok so I flashed the .893 from P3's zip file, then did the cheesecake method and it WORKED! :D

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Just a quick update. Camera's great (even stock app) also I haven't lost data all day...but...when I rebooted the phone with the wifi on, the data didn't come back on until I airplaned. Phone seems so smooth and snappy too but I could just be thrilled with the data staying on haha. So overall it's a helluva lot better just not quite perfect. Never got a chance to test the BT streaming due to the damn snow lol.

GoBears

EDIT: Just tested the BT streaming to my cheesy plugfones bt receiver. I'm very happy to report that neither slacker or pandora stuttered even once! In my car I have a Pioneer BT head unit that I didn't test yet but so far I'm VERY happy. Battery life seems good but not much usage today. First day since owning the phone that I havent had one issue with it. I'm glad MOTO's taking their time and doing this update right.

jspencer67

Reaction score
I am also in NE Pennsylvania and I have the leaked version. I just checked my phone and I also have the update available.....I checked my sons Bionic (unrooted and still 886) and his phone does NOT have an update available

going to install it soon

HackerCity

Reaction score
Been running 5.6.893 since last night. Data drops still bad. Social sites will mot sync. Deops data every ten to fifteen minutes....

Pretty sad too... this phone would rock. Thinking about taking it back!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wizard

Reaction score
any one catch the 5.6.893 update and save it as a zip? When Down loading I get an error "Download Suspended. Will Resume shortly" have had this error for 5 hours and would love to just down load the zip update and move on.

Thanks

welsalex

Reaction score
I have a totally factory default droid bionic. Version 886. No system update available. Basically from what I'm understanding in reading this thread is that the update is not available for those in my situation. FYI I'm in Austin Texas.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I have a totally factory default droid bionic. Version 886. No system update available. Basically from what I'm understanding in reading this thread is that the update is not available for those in my situation. FYI I'm in Austin Texas.

correct. no joy for those of us on stock, yet.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
it would appear that those who have received the ota update, have had their updates link switched to the leak string...