Just got an OTA update to 5.6.893

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Quick question for those that installed the .893 leak on stock:

Will I lose data if I flash the update?

Thanks in advance!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I called motorola and they have no information on any updates , so I'm wondering if that is an update to the leaked update... basically having rewritten the update link to the site of the leaked update instead of verizon or motorolas official update site....
if I read correctly, p3 originally indicated he was concerned that by using forever root and downloading different updates might take you out of the official path for updates?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DrZenga

Reaction score
I too was under the impression that if you flashed .893 that you wouldn't be able to get OTA updates.

warrior21

Reaction score
I called motorola and they have no information on any updates , so I'm wondering if that is an update to the leaked update... basically having rewritten the update link to the site of the leaked update instead of verizon or motorolas official update site....
if I read correctly, p3 originally indicated he was concerned that by using forever root and downloading different updates might take you out of the official path for updates?

That could be because I just downloaded cheesecake today and the update was the current version

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ConqSoft

Reaction score
One thing I didn't mention, is that after I installed the original leak, I reinstalled Cheesecake and re-did those steps (changing servers, etc) to check to see if there were any newer updates. There weren't at the time, but it could be that since I left the server set to the staging server, it was looking there for new OTAs, and today one was there...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
where are you guys located that you've already got the update I wonder if it is geographically based ?

If it's like the updates for the OG Droid, it'll be completely random, even to the point that if you bought 2 phones the same day one could get it weeks before the other. When the first update came out for the OG Droid someone set up a Google map where you could "stick a pin" in for where and when you got it. No rhyme or reason at all.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
From what I've been told, this is not a final OTA, so we must have gotten it only because we were still pointing to the "staging" server looking for OTAs.

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
I'm sure it's just an update to the original. I'm just glad they're still working on it. This phones gonna be a beast!

GoBears

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
One thing I didn't mention, is that after I installed the original leak, I reinstalled Cheesecake and re-did those steps (changing servers, etc) to check to see if there were any newer updates. There weren't at the time, but it could be that since I left the server set to the staging server, it was looking there for new OTAs, and today one was there...

Aye, that's exactly what I was thinking

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
If it's like the updates for the OG Droid, it'll be completely random, even to the point that if you bought 2 phones the same day one could get it weeks before the other. When the first update came out for the OG Droid someone set up a Google map where you could "stick a pin" in for where and when you got it. No rhyme or reason at all.

not according to motorola tier 3 techs... they still do not have an official release date for the update.

kylo77

Reaction score
Western NJ...was on the leaked OTA and when I hit system update the .893 was available.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
not according to motorola tier 3 techs... they still do not have an official release date for the update.

Maybe, but when the OTA update officially releases I predict there'll be threads saying they got it and lots of responses like "El Paso, not yet. :mad:."

Abadus

Reaction score
Just checked cheesecake and got the update myself. I was rooted stock odexed with only a battery mod..... Humm phone booted up and it says update failed :( Only thing I did was a 10% battery mod and renamed a few apps to .bak. Might have to be pure stock?