Just got an OTA on my MAXX

nhepler90

Reaction score
I used RAZR blade to reroot but the option of flashing without a data wipe did not solve the problem of not being able to restore root. I had to do the flash with a complete wipe. Otherwise I kept getting errors from the utility. (See my picture from a few posts back)

Krenzy

Reaction score
I just rerooted using Matt's Utility option 3. Installed Safestrap, deleted recovery, then deleted SS. Finally!

holstein

Reaction score
I took the OTA update and lost root (not able to restore using voodoo???). I used Matt's RAZR utility, option 3 (RAZR blade), to re-root. Didn't need to use either option 1 or 2 first.

nhepler90

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems that some were lucky enough to just use the utility to reroot. But it messed something up with my phone with the OTA.

swharshbar

Reaction score
Can someone provide a link to the update. I'm stuck on 6.16.215.xt912.Version.en.us

Everytime I check, it says I'm updated but I know 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US is out there.

nhepler90

Reaction score
Can someone provide a link to the update. I'm stuck on 6.16.215.xt912.Version.en.us

Everytime I check, it says I'm updated but I know 98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US is out there.

You will have to downgrade to .211 update then update from there. You will have to be completely stock and unrooted with no recovery for it to update

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lassroom-w-mattyp-friends-48.html#post2443833

A few posts down on that link is a torrent file download, hopefully it still works. But follow the instructions in that thread and you should be able to update to .165

GotnFX

Reaction score
Arrgg. I've tried several times now, and I always get "installation aborted" Signature verification failed. Any ideas?

Unknown Sources checked
USB debugging checked
Make sure you had a good download.
Also, make sure you downloaded the right .211 file. In the beginning, some posted that there are two different files. You may have to search the post.