Just got an iPad from work today, and I'm saying goodbye...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by zodder, Jun 18, 2010.

1. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you go to a menu in maps on iphone? I messed with the ipad and there wasnt a way to get to the menu so I had a satellite view of where I was and that was all i could do.

then i went into a game and wanted to quit the level and go back to the menu, cant? i had to press the home button and start over. :icon_eek::icon_eek:

idk how people could deal with that ****, i couldn't stand it after 5 minutes and left the store. dancedroid

2. gocflamedragon

Ratings:
    +0
    I think a few iphone users here need to stop lieing about haveing a droid and stop trolling <.< and yes i hate apple and i have my own personal legitimate reasons as well to back up my hate.

1. Steve jobs - hes arrogant he always has been i dont want to support him in any way shape or form he didn't even really take much responsibility for his own kid when he was younger.

2. I dont want to be told what i cant do with what i buy. Ios and all apple products have clear boundaries for what im allowed to do if i go past them "big brother" becomes mad.

3. im a power use i want to be able to do whatever i want with my phone, if i wana overclock it ill overclock, if i wana flash custom roms i will, if i wana theme my rom and change the entire gui i will.

4. Most people who own apple products defend them to the grave and even if they dont admit it i see it all the time they act superior to people who have no apple products and they defend their iphone or macs to the end even when a flaw is found unlike android users they wont admit it.

5. Pepole who say windows runs better on mac hardware, or say macs are better, im not even going to get into the os because i dont want a osx vs windows vs linux war but what i will say is that its the same hardware in pcs just overpriced with the apple tax.

3. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I tend to be a big fan of technology, and I bought an iPad. I love it for what it is, which is an expensive toy. I don't regret purchasing it at all. People can (and will) spout **** all day long about its shortcomings, but calling it featureless crap is only showing your ignorance. Some of the android fanboys here and on the tech blogs are seriously becoming worse than the apple fanboys ever were. This whole idea of "well my choice of phone OS is better and everything else suxors" is really freaking immature. People seem to have it stuck in their heads that this is a war, and that at the end of the day, everyone should only be using 1 OS. Even if that OS winds up being android, I would much rather have a market where competition encourages these companies to improve their products. Android has issues, so does iOS. I'll be sticking with android even when the iPhone comes to VZW because I like to tinker with it, and the customization options aren't as thorough on the iPhone. Most of Verizon's other 15 million smartphone subscribers who aren't forced into a blackberry by work will probably switch. Remember that the consumer doesn't really give a **** about rooting or overclocking. The consumer will go for the smoothest, easiest user experience. Unfortunately for android, apple is quite good at this.

4. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tinker away and help those fascists, lol JK... fascist LOL

that was the end of my fanboy rant, i fail :(

5. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :shocked: you can't be serious! AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA hahahahahahahahahah whatever!!!! :rofl3:

wow!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

6. jmart8684

jmart8684 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure majority of the people bashing the iPad never used one. One of my friends and my cousin have it and I'm on it every chance I can get. Videos on it are pretty sharp, internet is smooth with wifi, games are pointless and addicting, etc. On a side note, all three of us use android phones.

7. HCdroid

HCdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do not underestimate nor undermine us Android users. Yes a few will jump ship, but to the majority of us you couldn't pay us enough to leave Android.

Sent from my Droid

8. garrett

garrett Silver Member
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Lol. Okay maybe it wont be the downfall of the Droid line but if the iPhone comes to vzw it will be the most popular phone Verizon has ever carried and will outsell android by miles.

The iPhone isn't the #1 selling phone in the world because its a peice of crap.

#32 garrett, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  9. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I am not a fan of iPhone, iPad but my bro picked up an iPad and I messed with it with it over the weekend. It's pretty amazing. People can say what they like. But its a great product.
    I love Android but I give credit. where its due. iOS has a lot of nice features and with the apps that I used. They were bad ass. And I def agree and noticed you got fanbois on both Android and Apple fronts.
    So don't fool yourself, myfellow Droidheads, Apple is not who they are for nothing. Apple is the primary reason we have Android and the reason why its getting better. I don't mind hearing the bashing but when you undermine who Apple is. You kinda like go... Ehh. Whatever on the opinion is. I know we have a lot of converts and that's fine.. its also entertaining to hear why they converted but it doesn't negate the fact how Apple is still in the lead, not just cause they had more time in the game but also they make good tech. Hell, if you goto the thread What Apps You Would Like To See Developed; half the apps mentioned are from Apple's library.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ehh how did this thread get so serous all of a sudden....

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

11. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Lol.. damn..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. Spartan

Spartan Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I like the concept of the ipad, just waiting for the Android versions to come out this fall. I'm hoping for the ability to tether my droid to it. Would be nice for vacations and short business trips.