Just got a refurb dinc to replace d1

dbu

Reaction score
While I am loving the phone I am feeling a little cheated on the screen. While I know it technically has the same resolution as the d1 it is noticeably less crisp due to the pentile matrix thing going on with the way the pixels are laid out. Not really sure if I can get them to send me a dinc with an slcd but I am going to try. The text rendering on this amoled is a joke. Opinions?

Sent from my ADR6300

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It sounds like something is wrong with your display from your description. The resolution on my AMOLED is actually really good. Don't have any problems with it at all. Do you have a Verizon store nearby to compare your screen with another Incredible's screen?

OP
dbu

dbu

Reaction score
It sounds like something is wrong with your display from your description. The resolution on my AMOLED is actually really good. Don't have any problems with it at all. Do you have a Verizon store nearby to compare your screen with another Incredible's screen?

Yeah I went up to the store and they all look the same. Don't get me wrong it still looks nice, but it's not quite as crisp as my d1. I now it has to do with the pentile matrix layout of amoled, and most people probably wouldn't even notice it but I am an a/v tech and just notice stuff like that. No big deal really, it's still a sweet phone, besides, I am sure I will be upgrading as soon as big red lights up their LTE network.

wmnomore

Reaction score
So they offered a dinc for your d1? or you asked them?
what was wrong with your d1?

mauiblue

Reaction score
If you don't like what you got and if the vendor you got it from has a good return policy, flip the phone you have now for one you are satisfied with. For me, the Incredible is a great phone and will suit me until I am able to upgrade in eight months. I'll give my Incredible to my wife and I'll get the next best thing. Smartphone technology is always evolving so get what you are satisfied with at the moment. Good luck.

Detonation

Reaction score
I also got a refurb dinc from a d1 and I will agree that the screen is a little bit softer looking. What I think is worse is the outdoor viewing, which can be hard to see when its sunny, even with the brightness all the way up.

Things I can live with though, I like the dinc so much more than my droid.

Dream

Reaction score
I remember going from the D1 to the Incredible and noticing the screen wasnt as sharp for sure, but I got over it real fast. I even compare the two now (I have friends with the D1) and I just laugh because the Incredible's screen is much more vibrant and brighter.