Just got a Email response From Googles App inventor Team On app Inventor Update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by WoZzY, Jul 23, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

They will be updating the App Inventor Beta From 2.1 Functions to also include 2.2 Developement tools.. In my opinion this is epic as some of the functions that they mentioned in the email were pretty Cool witch Include
    A better game engine under the same Principals as app Inventor with the block developement... They did not give much more detail than that but they said to pay attention as they will be issuing more beta invites in the coming weeks they said it was random draw....Also they will have more added features with the 2.2 Functions with of course Flash Developement witch will make the apps more kick ass in my opinion... Just thought I would share this with all of you.....if I get time after work I will paste the email in the comment from the app inventor team ok good day all
  2. andrew149

andrew149 New Member

Woah!!! sounds good
  3. christim

christim DF Super Moderator

So I gotta ask. When they send out the invite to they include a couple spares for the recipient to then go and pass out to others?
  4. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

IMHO, these "invite only" betas are kind of stupid. Why don't they just allow anyone who has registered to download it? Seems kind of unfair, I signed up moments after the post about it appeared, and haven't heard anything. You'd think they'd want to get this out to as many people as possible. Hell, even Microsoft's last couple of Windows betas have been open.
  5. christim

christim DF Super Moderator

Someone said the current signup says they are overwhelmed and you may not hear back from them for a couple of weeks.

As a viral marketing ploy this has worked well for them in the past. A slow deployment keeps the buzz up. Threads pop up with extra invites, people keep talking about it. In a world of instant gratification Google goes against the norm in that regard. It also does let them ramp up services to support the tool too. Though last I heard they probably a little extra space laying around someplace.
  6. kepley

kepley New Member

Unless they've hidden the "invite others" button I don't think it's possible. It seems like it's completely random as well.. I filled out just the basics on the registration page, didn't type anything in the text box and still got in. :mellow:
  7. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

Does the inventor generate source code that can be edited further by hand? ....or does it compile into an app that cannot be edited?
  8. Viper323

Viper323 New Member

I was wondering this as well, I really hope you can edit the source...
  9. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

I still have not heard back after registering for the App Inventor. I want mine :(
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Invent an app? I'm not going to do that. I can't even suggest one.:rofl3:
Search tags for this page

app inventor send email

app inventor send email attachment