Just got a Droid 2 Global & I hate it!

evanzoo

Reaction score
I just upgraded from an LG EnV2 to a Droid 2 Global. So far I hate it! I don't like the touchscreen & the keyboard isn't very easy to use either. I mostly use my phone for texting & email. I thought I would like having the internet on it, but it's small & difficult to navigate the internet on the Droid.
Has anyone else hated the Droid to begin with, but ended up liking it? Should I just give it more time?

dasanman69

Reaction score
I have my Droid 1 almost a year now and hated it during the first week or so. I got used to it and now I love my phone. If you do a lot of texting use handcent SMS or chomp SMS for comic bubble type threaded conversations. Although I rarely use the real keyboard I like having it there and why type when u can use voice actions and speak ur texts.

Reaction score
I have had the D2G for about two weeks now. I gotta say I loved it from the beginning.

However, one of my co-workers got the D2 about two weeks before I got the D2G and him and his wife didn't have the same love at first sight experience I had. They didn't like the way the touchscreen worked and had a hard time getting used to the way they had to move from screen to screen. And he told me that he found the battery discharged too quickly.

So...I just went and asked him what he thought of the phone now. He said he loves it. They are used to the way the touchscreen works and they have learned what to do to help the battery last longer.

My only issue with the D2G was the poor audio quality on phone calls. But that has been addressed with the latest update.

CC

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I'm new to the Droid World, I bought my Droid back in June. Rooted it, played with Custom ROMs, Themes, over clocking and stuff.
I bought the D2G a few days ago and I like it a lot. Multiple Screen Profiles are really cool. One for weekend, work and home. I love the keyboard but don’t like the shortage of themes and roms but I can wait. The phone works real well stock. Maybe over the Holiday break I'll play around with some custom roms. I had the D2G rooted in the first hour after activation.

vintage2714

Reaction score
I hated my D2G at first I thought the screen was to small and I thought the phone was heavy I had to get used to the keyboard I exchanged a fascinate in order to get my D2G and now I love it and I get alot of compliments about it and the color I love the white

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

jamesondroid

Reaction score
kinda funny being my first post... I had the D1 for a year and change and just got the D2G... D1 was the best phone I have ever had and the D2G is better. Course, I f#$& with everything and am rooted and all that other crap.

just my 2 cents.

lbovill

Reaction score
Went from iphones to htc evo to d2g. D2g is my fav. Love it

K20turbo

Reaction score
Iphone to d2g im liking it definite iphone has easier interface and more reliable however the capabilities are endless with the d2g

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
C'mon man you just stepped up to a smartphone. Just give it some time. What do you expect from a small device? A small screen. Just give it some time

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I agree with mrmattch3w. Any smartphone, and especially your first smartphone, has a bit of a learning curve. I just gave my father my old BB Storm and he hated it at first, but the more he learns how to use it and to exploit its capabilities the more he loves it. I moved from a BB Storm1 to my D2G and I loved it from the time I pulled it out of the package. Custom Fission Rom 2.4.3 themed. And the physical keyboard is great.