Just got 2.2, Car Dock questions

SpencerC

Reaction score
The car dock mode look and feel has changed. There is no longer a "home" soft button. I used to use the home soft button to nagivate to other apps such as pandora and audible. Then would use the home hard button to bring me back to the main car dock screen. There is an exit car mode button which will get me to where I want to go, but I dont want to exit car mode.

I did notice that while in car mode, you can scroll to the right to bring up more buttons and some of these buttons are empty. Is there any way to make these empty buttons launch apps that I want to launch, such as pandora or audible?

WolfMan69

Reaction score
I finally got 2.2 late last night.. so still playing with it this morning. I use my car dock the same way you do.. switch via HOME to get to Pandora.

I havn't used the Car Mode yet today (stuck at work) so I would be very interested in anybody answering too.

PS - Sorry I don't have any answers for you...

OP
S

SpencerC

Reaction score
I finally got 2.2 late last night.. so still playing with it this morning. I use my car dock the same way you do.. switch via HOME to get to Pandora.

I havn't used the Car Mode yet today (stuck at work) so I would be very interested in anybody answering too.

PS - Sorry I don't have any answers for you...

Well at least I'm not the only one that this is a concern for. That makes me feel better at least.........haha.

brochaos

Reaction score
welcome to the club. there are a couple other threads around that discuss this. plus we've put together ways to get the 2.1 car dock working on some 2.2 roms. still sucks though...

LT*

Reaction score
I've been using Custom Car home (market) to replace the new car dock. Much more cutomizable than the 2.2 version. There are 8 app locations per page and 3 pages to use. It will also automatically turn on blue tooth when launched. Not sure if it will solve the soft home button issue, but it's much better than the stock app.

OP
S

SpencerC

Reaction score
I've been using Custom Car home (market) to replace the new car dock. Much more cutomizable than the 2.2 version. There are 8 app locations per page and 3 pages to use. It will also automatically turn on blue tooth when launched. Not sure if it will solve the soft home button issue, but it's much better than the stock app.

Thanks! I will check it out and report back.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the club. there are a couple other threads around that discuss this. plus we've put together ways to get the 2.1 car dock working on some 2.2 roms. still sucks though...

Yes there is. Which is why we ask that you search before posting. This really belongs in this thread here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-frg01b-froyo-issues-solutions-thread-49.html

But because of the time the first post was made I'm not going to merge it.

Please remember to search before posting and post in the proper areas.

Thank you.

Reaction score
how do you expect someone to find an answer to a specific matter in a topic that is 50 pages long?