1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Just go my fascinate

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by fishmstr, Sep 17, 2010.

1. fishmstr

fishmstr New Member

All I can say is cool.

I'm not sure what you are complaining about Google Maps. Without any launcher or rooting, straight out of the box. I went to the market and installed Google Maps. I had a problem with the GPS not working at first but my wifes came up immediately inside the house next to the window. Spot on exact location. Mine I simply removed the battery and held down the power button for 15 seconds to drain the residual power. Turned it back on and BAM GPS turned on. Google navigation works perfect on both of them and it gives voice directions. I do a voice search and it finds it and takes me straight to it.

Video screen WOW, actually recorded videos are incredible. I could care less about Bing being the default search engine. It finds what I'm looking for with no problem so what's the big deal.

Only complaint so far is turning off that stupid beep when it loses and finds a signal.
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Glad you like you Fascinate. Check the notification settings to see if you can silence the beep.

Mike
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

The Fascinate is a nice phone...and with source codes out, it's going to get even nicer :)
  4. fishmstr

fishmstr New Member

There is already a thread on it, apparantly you cannot turn it off. That is a crock of fertilizer. So I just turn on airplane mode when I'm at work in the basement. Pain in the butt.
  5. fishmstr

fishmstr New Member

I'm not sure what all the complaints are about GPS, I just turned mine on while sitting in my house and I'll be danged if it didn't point to the window I'm sitting at. It's more accurate than my $1600 Eclipse stereo/GPS I have in my car.
  6. crazyfool287

crazyfool287 New Member

+1 on the battery/power button trick! That got my GPS working.

As for the no signal sound, try using Audio Manager from the market. I turned system volume all the way down and it has seemed to stop all the annoying noises this phone makes. Ha ha!
Search tags for this page

how to turn off in and out of service sound on a samsung tra

lost signal sound delete transform ultra

samsung transform ultra silence loss of signal beeping

samsung transform ultra turn off no signal sound 2013

samsung trasform ultra signal dropped sound

samsung ultra transform stop no signal noise

signal lost notification noise samsung transform

silencing out of service alarm samsung transform ultra

transform ultra makes noise when it loses signal