Just gave up my Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They deliberately lower your reception in Pittsburgh if they find out your a Browns fan. They also hike up your rate and lie to you when you first sign up. This explains all your problems with the Droid. They do the same thing to Steelers fans here in the Cleveland area.:D

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I am glad you found something that will work for you. Not everyone sees things the same.

Totally agreed! I will freely admit that I'm a Droid fanboi, and I think all other phones are inferior. Having said that -- YOU are the one paying for YOUR phone bill. You have to get a phone that works for YOU. Sorry the Droid didn't work out for you... Best of luck to you with your new phone.

OP
D

Danjitsu

Reaction score
They deliberately lower your reception in Pittsburgh if they find out your a Browns fan. They also hike up your rate and lie to you when you first sign up. This explains all your problems with the Droid. They do the same thing to Steelers fans here in the Cleveland area.:D

DID YOU JUST CALL ME A BROWNS FAN!?!?!!? Perhaps the folks at the Verizon store were indeed as mistaken as you my good man. Funny stuff though...

OP
D

Danjitsu

Reaction score
I am glad you found something that will work for you. Not everyone sees things the same.

Totally agreed! I will freely admit that I'm a Droid fanboi, and I think all other phones are inferior. Having said that -- YOU are the one paying for YOUR phone bill. You have to get a phone that works for YOU. Sorry the Droid didn't work out for you... Best of luck to you with your new phone.

Thanks, Laurence - enjoy your Droid! It is indeed a great device...

mikeinctown

Reaction score
just to last, my phone had crappy reception until I dialed *228 a few times and got the "updates" Now I have no problem seeing bars or at least 1x coverage for data.

I also know what my bill is going to be and even after the first bill for $90, I will see it settle to around $65 or $70 after discount. No reason with the unlimited plans for any normal bill to be close to $200 even after taxes.

OP
D

Danjitsu

Reaction score
just to last, my phone had crappy reception until I dialed *228 a few times and got the "updates" Now I have no problem seeing bars or at least 1x coverage for data.

I also know what my bill is going to be and even after the first bill for $90, I will see it settle to around $65 or $70 after discount. No reason with the unlimited plans for any normal bill to be close to $200 even after taxes.

I did indeed do the ol' *228 a few times but was not seeing any help from that. Again, I want to be clear - out here in the airport side of Moon Township, PA coverage can be spotty for ALL carriers. This is the area I conduct most of my business in and since one is as good (or bad in many cases) as the other, there was no need for me to pay the extra $$. I break down in great detail where the charges were coming from - perhaps it would have been cheaper to get separate accounts for my wife and I rather than doing the family share plan, but I still doubt they would have been competitive.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

DID YOU JUST CALL ME A BROWNS FAN!?!?!!? Perhaps the folks at the Verizon store were indeed as mistaken as you my good man. Funny stuff though...

I'm sorry if I got that screwed up. I could have sworn that's what I read. Please my accept my sincere apology, for both the mistake and the beat down the Browns gave the Steelers 10 days ago.:icon_ banana: