Just forced the OTA update to my phone.............here's how.

JimChagares

Reaction score
Don't understand what you mean when you say there is no OTA update available. My phone is trying to update but always fails the update.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't understand what you mean when you say there is no OTA update available. My phone is trying to update but always fails the update.

The Droid X hasn't had an OTA for a long time. Has this been failing for awhile? The reason it is probably failing is because you removed bloatware from your device. Did you remove any of system apps? If so, this method wouldn't work. This is simply another way to get the phone to check for an update if it says "your phone is up to date".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JimChagares

Reaction score
I rooted the phone over a year ago, deleted all the bloatware. Has never updated since. Still version 2.21.
Should I use OTA RootKeeper and try again?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rooted the phone over a year ago, deleted all the bloatware. Has never updated since. Still version 2.21.
Should I use OTA RootKeeper and try again?

That won't help you update. If you deleted bloatware, the update will fail every time. I suggest going into the Droid X forum and having someone help you with returning the bloatware to your device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2