Just for you JimmyTheGent: POS Phone!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
hehehehe
So I cracked my screen and got an Assurion replacement. Everything seems fine for a week...
Then I got *SD CARD DISMOUNTED*
Hmmm. Popped it out. Back in. Fine for a few days.
Then it happened again. Did the same thing.
2 days later it happened again. Repeat. Happened the next day. Then it happened a few times in one day.
Now my SD card is pretty much offline.
*sigh....
So I replaced my phone when I first got it because the Wifi anntenna didn't work.
Now I have to get my replacement replaced because the SD slot is wonky.

You're right Jimmy... this phone sucks.
(No I don't REALLY think it sucks but the build quality leaves something to be desired. And unlike Jimmy I will return this phone 30 times if I have to until I get one that works right).

jimmythegent

Reaction score
hehehehe
So I cracked my screen and got an Assurion replacement. Everything seems fine for a week...
2 days later it happened again. Repeat. Happened the next day. Then it happened a few times in one day.
*sigh....
So I replaced my phone when I first got it because the Wifi anntenna didn't work.

(No I don't REALLY think it sucks but the build quality leaves something to be desired. And unlike Jimmy I will return this phone 30 times if I have to until I get one that works right).

LOL, is that not the most annoying message? "SD Card Unmounted" and it cant get any closer to be mounted? Luckily I have not had that issue for a while, now I have an issue where it wont play music via bluetooth in my car, it shows its playing, but no music. Happened before, but this time, its even worse.

Your first phone, the one that cracked, is a damn shame, it was probably 1 out of a hundred that was near perfect. The build quality sucks.

But good luck on finding that "near perfect one" again! Its a shame, this phone is considered a "premium smart phone" (anyone is that is above $600) and I truly beg to differ.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
hehehehe
*sigh....

How much is it costing to replace? I have insurance and no doubt they will send me a refurb, but my deductible is 100 bucks. I mean, the phone is not broke (just buggy as an ant hill).

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It was $100 to get the cracked screen one replaced. Asurion is supposed to give you a fresh one year warranty so I shouldn't have to pay for this defective one.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
It was $100 to get the cracked screen one replaced. Asurion is supposed to give you a fresh one year warranty so I shouldn't have to pay for this defective one.

All I can say is thankfully I still have my "dumb phone" to use when I intentionally smash this thing.

While I am not glad to see you going through this, maybe now you can relate to SOME of my utter frustration at this thing...

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL
So far so excellent. I think I got a good one finally. Also just happened to be behind on the update so after some thought: I rooted the *****. Put the Blurry ROM on it....
:D
Wow. Smooth as butter.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
LOL
So far so excellent. I think I got a good one finally. Also just happened to be behind on the update so after some thought: I rooted the *****. Put the Blurry ROM on it....
:D
Wow. Smooth as butter.

Great to hear! My phone is still glitching here and there. Example attached. Some reason the power circle widget stayed orange. So I had to do the bi weekly cache wipe lol

ForumRunner_20131010_202034.png

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Lodi? Really? Ohio, yes?
(Cleveland here)
Maybe that's why the ROM runs so well? It clears the cache every morning at 5am. :D
(Of course it also has ZERO VZW Bloatware on it).

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
*FacePalm*
So... for the first time in my life... I had a SD Card fail on me. My SD Card is shot.
Er. Em. So...maybe the problem with my previous phone was the Card and not the Slot????

DOH!

jimmythegent

Reaction score
*FacePalm*
So... for the first time in my life... I had a SD Card fail on me. My SD Card is shot.
Er. Em. So...maybe the problem with my previous phone was the Card and not the Slot????

DOH!

I think the phone did something to it because mine was doing that, and then it stopped and hasnt done it since.

I truly think its the phone hardware to blame.

You said it yourself, the first time in your life an SD card failed on you... coincidence or the phone? I would go with the phone is to blame. Sorry.

pdoyle

Reaction score
How much is it costing to replace? I have insurance and no doubt they will send me a refurb, but my deductible is 100 bucks. I mean, the phone is not broke (just buggy as an ant hill).
my razr HD Maxx screen cracked only because I was using the slightest pressure installing a screen protector. I expected Verizon to replace it no-charge as clearly it was defective; Verizon disagreed and charged me $300 saying
"cracked screen voids the warranty". I said "the screen should not have cracked; it must be defective". Then I realized they designed it to be a POS, therefore VZW was correct; being a POS is NOT a defect when that IS the design. That will be my last motorola. Even the replacement is laggy, I don't like ICS's Google music transfer, can't get songs to stay on the device consistently...blah blahblah. can you post link to favorite root instructions please?

pdoyle

Reaction score
my razr HD Maxx screen cracked only because I was using the slightest pressure installing a screen protector. I expected Verizon to replace it no-charge as clearly it was defective; Verizon disagreed and charged me $300 saying
"cracked screen voids the warranty". I said "the screen should not have cracked; it must be defective". Then I realized they designed it to be a POS, therefore VZW was correct; being a POS is NOT a defect when that IS the design. That will be my last motorola. Even the replacement is laggy, I don't like ICS's Google music transfer, can't get songs to stay on the device consistently...blah blahblah. can you post link to favorite root instructions please?