Just flashed my first ROM, now what?

chanerade

Reaction score
First off i want to thank everyone on this forum for all their help, i couldnt of done this with out this forum, im running the liberty rom, right now im waiting on all my apps to download, whats next? because im still kind of fuzzy on the overclock/underclock thing..but i assume thats next?

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
Yeah the liberty rom, hahahaha, and so far this is just great, I feel like a little kid at Christmas, it seems like my phone is running way faster, it is that just a placebo affect?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rayne58

Reaction score
Nah lol your phone is running.much faster

cpjr

Reaction score
It will run faster with a custom, optimized rom.

Fiorella

Reaction score
Speaking of the liberty rom does any on have a problem with their internet speed.
I was running gummyjar 2.1 before liberty and my web browsing was much faster. Its still a great rom but I heard liberty was much better so I installed. The phone is fast don't get me wrong and I really like the liberty toolbar but like I said the internet is slow on both 3G and wifi and my battery drained much faster than when I was using gummyjar. I'm puzzled by this since I heard u would be able to stream YouTube videos on 3G in HQ with out it stopping and buffering in the middle of the video. Can someone shed some light on as to why I have these problems.

DROIDX Rooted currently running Liberty 1.0
Sent using DroidForums App

williewonka

Reaction score
I also used liberty as my first rom and i love it. I am using the UD theme and i like how much more you can customize your phone now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

turdbogls

Reaction score
congrats....in my experience, liberty is a nice, customizable ROM, however, it gave me some problems like random reboots. i have since switched to apex 1.4.1 and i am loving it...very stable and battery life is killer on this thing. just something to keep in mind if you get some issues like i did.

also,i would agree theme and OC are the next steps.

williewonka

Reaction score
Yea after 1 day i haven't had any problems with liberty. I did change the battery icon in the status bar so i can figure out ninjamorph also i wanted one with numbers. I can't wait to see what new rom comes out next lol.

JackRipper

Reaction score
I have liberty running on my phone with the liberated honeycomb theme... it's very nice. If you are looking to overclock, I would recommend using the droid overclock app. Its a paid app but its well worth the money. Other then that, check out the pull down window customization in the liberty toolbar, you can finally get rid of "Verizon Wireless" in your status window!

williewonka

Reaction score
I have done that also change the battery icon. I put strippers wanted were verizon was surpose to go. I did get that over clock app on the market. I do like all the extra setting that liberty gives you.