Just dropped my Droid...

Toushi

Reaction score
Today I did something I never ever thought I would do, I dropped my droid. I was getting out of my car, and the droid went flying out of my hand and flew across some gravel glass down. I was really scared but I turned it over and boom nothing wrong with it, just a few miner scratches along the metal frame. This is a small scratch near the earpiece though.

I'm so happy with my droid, it is an amazing piece of technology.

victoriac

Reaction score
I'm so glad it wasn't seriously injured. I know how upsetting that can be.

wil318466

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how careful you are.. in fact, if you are too careful it almost seems you get nervous and drop it.

The key is to put it in your pocket, away, when you get out of the car. I dropped mine the same way you did yours - getting out of the car. Probably more common than you think.

Soon as I dropped mine I said "Damn how the hell did I do that?"

-Wil

dtartini

Reaction score
I bought a motorola sliver several years ago. The first day I had it I droped it and scratched it really bad in several places. I'm too paranoid now to not have a screen protector and cover on all my phones.

wil318466

Reaction score
I bought a motorola sliver several years ago. The first day I had it I droped it and scratched it really bad in several places. I'm too paranoid now to not have a screen protector and cover on all my phones.

Ya know.. the Droid might have the nicest screen of any phone out there. I had a screen on mine and HATED it. Some people love it, though. I couldn't imagine using a screen now.

-Wil

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Ya know.. the Droid might have the nicest screen of any phone out there. I had a screen on mine and HATED it. Some people love it, though. I couldn't imagine using a screen now.

-Wil

same here...i luv my droid bare!

audioman42

Reaction score
i dropped my dumbphone 3 times over the course of four years, and all of them were caused by putting the phone in my lap, forgetting it was there, and then standing up to get out of the car. now i make sure i never, EVER put my droid in my lap.

bennyj

Reaction score
i dropped my dumbphone 3 times over the course of four years, and all of them were caused by putting the phone in my lap, forgetting it was there, and then standing up to get out of the car. now i make sure i never, EVER put my droid in my lap.

I have done the exact same thing with my other phones. It's in the dock or the pouch now! Never on my lap.

kbayer

Reaction score
It happened to me, just pulling it out of my pocket. I'm usually sooooooooo careful. I had a Nokia N95 for a year that never touched the ground, but the Droid dropped.

The Droid dropped.

The Droid dropped.

It fell from about 3 feet high, hit on the upper corner of the screen, bounced, did a cartwheel, and landed on it's back... all in super-s-l-o-w motion.

In that instant, the world stopped spinning. There was no sound. Nothing else existed.

All in the blink of an eye.

Result: not a scratch... but dayummmmmmmmmm!!!

It's built like a hybrid Rolls Royce/Tank, but still, gotta be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JFrawls

Reaction score
Drops

HAHA I'm glad to see that I am not the only one to pull the lap manuever getting out of the car. It always seems to happen in slow motion.... and it always lands screen down to give you a heart attack.
Worst I have is a mark on the corner of the metal case, hard to even tell unless you look close.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I dropped mine exiting the car the same way forgot it was on my lap. it had a short fall but the phone was naked. small scratches on corners but all hidden under hard case. oh well what can you do..maybe later when they are cheaper ill pick up another one for parts. unless there is a Droid 2 that takes my interest to next device.

actrack03

Reaction score
I hesitate to even write this because I know as soon as I do it is going to hit the ground multiple times but mine has never hit the asphalt. I have dropped it from the couch onto my hardwood floors but I think the Droid would dent the hardwood before it got damaged.

Big Cam

Reaction score

-Wil

same here...i luv my droid bare!

Me too, its easier to clean, and I'm careful enough.