1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

just curious.....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Nicely Toasted, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Nicely Toasted

Nicely Toasted New Member

Does anyone know if it would be possible to allow the Droid to read / write from a pen-drive (flash-drive) without another computer involved ??? If that is possible, I think that would be awesome... It would free-up a lot of space for people who have a lot of media on their phones... Plus the cheap storage would always be welcome... (have you people seen what they want for a 32GIG SD memory card... Ouch!)

Anyway... It was just a thought... I know I would use the feature if it existed...
  2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

You aren't the only one thinking about these things.

USB Host mode on Motorola Droid Chris Paget's Blog

It involves slicing together a custom cord, and trying to get the Droid into "host mode." It's a far cry from anything commercial, but looks like it's possible. Maybe someday if you need to print a document, you can just plug your phone into the printer and hit go!
  3. Nicely Toasted

Nicely Toasted New Member

Splice a cord?? I have adapters

to bypass that hassle...

Well, I hope someone more clever than myself gets it working..