1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

just changed kernel getting random reboots... settling in or problem?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sharkerbaby, Feb 11, 2011.

1. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby New Member

i just switched to chevy's ulv 1Ghz kernel from his lv 1Ghz kernel and am getting pretty frequent random reboots. i'm just wondering if this is indicative of a conflict or if it is just "settling in"? i don't want to jump the gun and switch back if my droid just needs some time to get used to the new order of business. any guidance is appreciated.

thanks in advance
  2. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

I would try a low voltage or standard voltage kernel. Ulv give problems to some people.
  3. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby New Member

thx for your reply. i came from chevy's lv and i know it works but like many others i want to get the most out of my droid so would like to try out the ulv. i'm just not sure if the new ulv kernel needs to settle a bit to stabilize or if the reboots mean my droid can't handle it.
  4. les017

les017 New Member

There's no settling for a kernal that I know of. My droid also will not run on ulv so I'd go back to the lv
  5. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby New Member

very good, thank you for the guidance, switching back now.