just bought the phone-Big question for experienced droidees

doceo

Reaction score
This is a silly question. I just bought the phone and I'm having trouble answering the phone. I push the green button at the bottom (or the answer button) but I can't hear anyone.

Once, I pushed the megaphone on the screen and then I could hear the caller but I don't want to have my phone on speaker phone all the time.

What am I doing wrong, have set-up wrong, or what? I feel pretty stupid right now....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries.

The green button isnt a button, it's a slider.

Slide your finger across it like you would a touchpad on a laptop.

OP
D

doceo

Reaction score
Thanks!
But may I ask about the silver button witht he green phone(?) on it? It's not on the screen. Can't I just push it (I dont' think it's a slider....) and answer the phone?

Also, why do I have to push the megaphone to hear?

Thanks so very much for replying. I'm always lost when I get a new phone!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Silver button with the green phone on it.... Now I'm lost...

The buttons that are sliders run all the way to the edge of the screen, and have directional arrows associated with them. Everything else is just a touch button.

The answer/ignore sliders look like the unlock/sound-off sliders.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It's OK. The first time I picked up the phone I didn't know how to answer it either. Just put your finger on it and slide it to the right

dtartini

Reaction score
I think he has an eris. It does have a physical silver button on the bottom of the phone. Its the send key.

Last edited:

jacobrv

Reaction score
First off, that's an HTC Droid Eris, not a Motorola Droid. Kwmayo has the Moto Droid, that's why he's confused. Honestly, I don't have an Eris so I can't help much either, but if the physical button isn't working I would take it back and ask for a replacement. Then test it out before you leave the store. Moto's don't have the physical button, so for future posts you should probably make it clear. Moto is the majority here.

JCo352

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, the first call I got I tried "pushing" the slider. But are you saying that your earpiece is working and that only speakerphone works?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Thanks!
But may I ask about the silver button witht he green phone(?) on it? It's not on the screen. Can't I just push it (I dont' think it's a slider....) and answer the phone?

Also, why do I have to push the megaphone to hear?

Thanks so very much for replying. I'm always lost when I get a new phone!

What phone do you have? If you have a moto droid, you answer the phone the same way you would unlock when the screen blanks out or sleep mode.

The reason why I asked what phone do you have is cuz your profile says HTC.

OP
D

doceo

Reaction score
Yes, sorry. Not a motorola. I couldn't afford it.

I will try sliding the green 'button.'

I have to have the speaker on to hear my caller. Do I have something set wrong?

bd1212

Reaction score
Yes, sorry. Not a motorola. I couldn't afford it.

I will try sliding the green 'button.'

I have to have the speaker on to hear my caller. Do I have something set wrong?

You might not have the call volume high enough. Have you tried putting the volume up while on the phone?

OP
D

doceo

Reaction score
I'm sory for all the confusion. Between the wo silver buttons at the bottom of my phone--under the little red scroll bar, are the letters HTC.

Thanks

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sory for all the confusion. Between the wo silver buttons at the bottom of my phone--under the little red scroll bar, are the letters HTC.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. I think it was the "droidees" in your title, which made me assume you were using the Droid, and not a phone with the Android OS.

Good luck.